Ruger Forum banner

261 - 280 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Interesting, would love an O gauge layout if i had room.
I'd like to have one big enough to ride on around the whole property.:p Even better if it had a sealed all weather cab.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I'd like to have one big enough to ride on around the whole property.:p Even better if it had a sealed all weather cab.
  • I hear they run about 3 million a piece. Id need more property since the that lloco is almost as long as my house. 😉

Reactions: Maddmax

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Great thread, gentlemen. Here's my Athearn Hustler from our early 1960's setup. View attachment 144040
I have a couple of those packed away. Almost forgot about them. "Most" of my rolling stock and many of my engines are Athearn. Back in the day they had tons of different rolling stock, very nice detail and reasonably priced.

I also have a couple heavy crane cars packed away along with other Maintenance of the way cars.

Reactions: Tacky and ATP

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
  • I hear they run about 3 million a piece. Id need more property since the that lloco is almost as long as my house. 😉
I was thinking a bit smaller, more in the line of my Deere 738 or a 1025 or 2000 series Deere.:p Then in the Winter I could use my blower or blade to keep the track open.

Ever get that look from your wife where her eyes just roll back, shakes her head and says "I don't want to know, just be careful"?

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Ever get that look from your wife where her eyes just roll back, shakes her head and says "I don't want to know, just be careful"?

Are you kidding, get that look all the time, in particular when i get home from work and she hears some of the things i did. She is more educated since we share the same profession. I like being hardcore. or in the 10% of the fire service with the balls of a combat helicopter pilot. Why i frequently need new gear and my helmets borks and leather front are charred. :oops:

Their used to be a lions club that had one bout that size in a town close by, they charged for a ride around the loop, which was awesome as a kid. Now them a dash 8-40c maybe 10 ft long, a couple flat cars or a dash 9-44cw and a loop around the yard. That would be more than awesome, but that would require alot of weed eating or round up, one of the two. Then again a j class norfolk western 4-8-4 maybe 10 ft long that runs on steam, that would be impressive.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Todays picture my Broadway Limited paragon 3, ES44AC Norfolk Southern heritage units the original NS red and black #8114, and Southern #8099.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #269 (Edited)
Thats about the size of the one i was talking about. Would love a dash 8-40c that size, id ride my daughter, and 2 dogs around the yard with it.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
Added some underbrush and bushes to between the rails.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Reactions: rmichael63

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Afew more pics. Paul's Pizzeria, and the White Owl Food Store. You can see an old dodge charger at the intersection and my Mt Dew truck making a delivery. I plan to add stop lights at some point soon hopefully. I hand painted the crosswalks, and etched all the expansion joints in the sidewalk. There is a fire hydrant on the corner. You can also see people enjoying downtown as well. Painting that white owl store by hand was tough, but worth it.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Got any rural areas ? A scratch built gun range would be a new one for the books.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Got any rural areas ? A scratch built gun range would be a new one for the books.
Yeah i have the cut grain field behind the combine, and have a set of figures with rifles in different poses i plan to use. Have not decided on a target. I have a fence, so if i could figure out a way to make tin cans or bottles, i could sit them on the fence, just a thought im exploring.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #275

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
So here is Adelles resturant, JJ's 5 and dime, Bush Bob's Bazaar, the hobby shop, and Lighting Source. Its flanked by a 69 camaro. and a police unit.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
Well the concrete has been poured for the beverage company, now wait 24 hours. pull the forms, sand it down, and give it a top coat, score the expansion joints and it will be done.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
Now the rough in...

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Checking the fit..