Ruger Forum banner
281 - 300 of 615 Posts

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Adding the building, also rocked the roof for a different look.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Thanks for sharing the building process ...
No problem, it does take a bit of time to do, but worth it when done. Will add more pics when i get it totally done.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
my son for a brief time was interested in making stop action type videos of his lego builds, he would take 3-4 hours to make a short 30 second video but his eyes would light up when he would show me the video ...

Reactions: Tacky

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
my son for a brief time was interested in making stop action type videos of his lego builds, he would take 3-4 hours to make a short 30 second video but his eyes would light up when he would show me the video ...
That would take alot of patience, but would be interesting.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
For someone his age he really concentrated on it ... bought him a tripod for his device and that made it a little less cumbersome ...

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
I was liked time lapse photography, like the night sky with the earth rotating, always beautiful.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Well painted the parking lot lines... waiting on a shaker of fine brown turf to do the grass and landscaping.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
hey where's the HC parking spot ...
Havent done that yet, being trying to find a decal for it, but nothing fits my liking so far.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
So a little more done since its pouring outside, i figured id work on my railroad. Beverage business is almost complete, little more detailing.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 ·
The completed minus people.. Turned out well i think...

Reactions: rman and Aqualung

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
So i figured id add some, been working alot and littke time to railroad, but a few new additions. Here is my railgun from my childhood. I also added a 1956 GMC pickup i built and hand painted, turned our well. You guys know im a gmc man. The beverage company got new trimmed bushes too.

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
Tacky ... if i had a scale version of a 1982 Collectors Edition Corvette i'd send it to you so you could have some variety ... i mean it is a Chevy ...

·
Exalted One
1,867 Posts
Tacky, BEAUTIFUL!!!

I inherited my Dad's HO-scale train collection: Märklin (German). He began his collection while a geographic bachelor awaiting my Mom and two older brothers. He was stationed in Austria as part of the Army of Occupation following WW-II. He didn't smoke or drink, so he spent his vice-money of trains - a great love of his. An electrical engineer by USMA education, he settled on Märklin trains as they were AC versus DC: better in his opinion. Nine months after my Mother and two older brothers joined him, I came into this world. I suspect whatever plans he had for a separate train room was supplanted with my nursery...

Through the years, Dad built upon his Märklin collection, and was gifted some very ancient Märklin (pre-WW-II) over those years. There was seldom a challenge of what to get him for his birthday, Father's Day, and Christmas (other than finding a source).

Dad could never really do justice to his growing train collection. Everything was (understandable) European, but the biggest challenge was landscape size. A 12'X12' guest bedroom just didn't get it. That was his last set-up of note, and pretty much consisted of mostly track and sidings for his 100+ locomotives and probably close to 1,000 rolling-stock cars (most of which were still boxed). Being an EE, he really enjoyed setting up his layout to run six trains on one loop, in opposite directions with sidings, without manual control. Two or three loops, with some manual intervention to replace trains.

I planned my workshop (separate building) to include a complete floor to set up his trains and give them the justice they deserve: about 900SF, that will allow some landscaping with hills. I will channel Dad when setting it all up so that I might replicate his genius in terms of sidings.

Unfortunately, I have several other pressing matters before I get to that (one of which is to finish the floor where his trains will go. They will always be "his" trains. My nephew's son (Dad's Great-Grandson) is looking forward to that...

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Tacky, BEAUTIFUL!!!

I inherited my Dad's HO-scale train collection: Märklin (German). He began his collection while a geographic bachelor awaiting my Mom and two older brothers. He was stationed in Austria as part of the Army of Occupation following WW-II. He didn't smoke or drink, so he spent his vice-money of trains - a great love of his. An electrical engineer by USMA education, he settled on Märklin trains as they were AC versus DC: better in his opinion. Nine months after my Mother and two older brothers joined him, I came into this world. I suspect whatever plans he had for a separate train room was supplanted with my nursery...

Through the years, Dad built upon his Märklin collection, and was gifted some very ancient Märklin (pre-WW-II) over those years. There was seldom a challenge of what to get him for his birthday, Father's Day, and Christmas (other than finding a source).

Dad could never really do justice to his growing train collection. Everything was (understandable) European, but the biggest challenge was landscape size. A 12'X12' guest bedroom just didn't get it. That was his last set-up of note, and pretty much consisted of mostly track and sidings for his 100+ locomotives and probably close to 1,000 rolling-stock cars (most of which were still boxed). Being an EE, he really enjoyed setting up his layout to run six trains on one loop, in opposite directions with sidings, without manual control. Two or three loops, with some manual intervention to replace trains.

I planned my workshop (separate building) to include a complete floor to set up his trains and give them the justice they deserve: about 900SF, that will allow some landscaping with hills. I will channel Dad when setting it all up so that I might replicate his genius in terms of sidings.

Unfortunately, I have several other pressing matters before I get to that (one of which is to finish the floor where his trains will go. They will always be "his" trains. My nephew's son (Dad's Great-Grandson) is looking forward to that...
Awesome history buddy. Yes its a passion that i really enjoy doing. Reminds me of simplier times and lets my imagination run wild. It takes me away from all the negativity going on. I also like sharing it with others. Im hoping that my little girl will take to it too. She already loves it.

I wish you luck, and would love to see your dads collection once you get it displayed. Thanks!

·
"The Real Deal"
8,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
Tacky ... if i had a scale version of a 1982 Collectors Edition Corvette i'd send it to you so you could have some variety ... i mean it is a Chevy ...
I have been looking for one but no luck so far. If i find one you will be the first to see it bud! (y)

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Your attention to detail amazes me. I've always loved trains, but don't have the skill or patience that you have. I think it's great that your Dad's trains are going to have their own home and I'm sure he would be proud of your accomplishments.

281 - 300 of 615 Posts