Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to a Ruger Days Event on Saturday, where I had hoped to make a decision on whether to buy an SR9c or a Walther PPQ 9mm. I was leaning toward the PPQ to tell the truth. I wanted to compare them both together at the same time in order to make my final choice. The store didn't have the PPQ, so a Ruger Rep went over the SR9c with me and tried to bribe me with a free shirt, hat & cup if I bought one from him. :D

Before I went to the event, I had called a couple LGS to get prices so I didn't overpay. The "sale" price at the event was only $5.00 less, so that wasn't going to entice me to buy at the event without comparing the two guns.

I asked the Ruger rep for info about the Crimson Trace Lasergrips. He said, "I don't know if they are available for the SR9c." I almost thought he was joking with me. Could he really not know that ct grips for an SR9c are definitely available? I had looked at them on an SR9c at a different store a month ago, so I knew they would fit this model. He said he'd go check on it. He came back with them to show me. I thanked him and told him I still couldn't decide without the Walther to compare.

Before we left, a store clerk gave us 3 Ruger t-shirts! Yah! I think he felt bad that they didn't have several other things we had asked for, but were out of stock. :D So we ended up with a free lunch, free shirts and entered a raffle for a crossbow & Weatherby shotgun. (keeping fingers crossed)

We went to another store closer to home where I was able to compare the PPQ & SR9c. I loved the PPQ but it was too big for me to cc. I didn't buy the ruger there due to higher price, but did get my husband a Blackhawk Serpa holster so he doesn't lose his PK380 while riding his motorcycle.

At the last store I bought the SR9c and a ton of ammo! I couldn't make up my mind on blk/blk or brushed stainless. The clerk & my husband were getting ready to toss a coin! LOL I finally went with the brushed stainless & I'm really glad I did! :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
Congrats! You will enjoy the SR9C, I'm sure. I have the SR9 full size and it is fun to shoot and accurate!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
That's great, SR9c is a great handgun.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Cool... Thanks for the story... I much prefer the stainless. I'm a big fan of the PPQ too but the SRc's are SO versatile and their overall quality isn't far behind. I'm lovin' my SR40c and have it with me now more than any other. You did good.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The SS model will get scratched up easier.

·
Registered
998 Posts
The SS model will get scratched up easier.
I'm not sure that's relevant. While stainless will get lightly scratched occasionally, you can always just lightly buff it up with some Flitz polish or any polishing compound. Blued finishes get scratched up as well and certainly aren't as quick a "fix" as buffing. I think the stainless is the better bet for carry use as it'll resist corrosion from sweat and humidity much better than the blued finish would.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm not sure that's relevant. While stainless will get lightly scratched occasionally, you can always just lightly buff it up with some Flitz polish or any polishing compound. Blued finishes get scratched up as well and certainly aren't as quick a "fix" as buffing. I think the stainless is the better bet for carry use as it'll resist corrosion from sweat and humidity much better than the blued finish would.
:confused:

·
Registered
385 Posts
The reason I bought the two tone was becuse the black one doesn't have a stainless slide. I live SW Florida the high humidity and summers are 8-months long and my guns get damp when I carry them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts