Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe the question has been asked but I can't seem to find an answer. How do I delete a thread?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I don't think you can delete an entire thread without going through a moderator. And then, of course, only if you started the thread.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started the thread and you might be right ...

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I think, (and that can be dangerous at times) under the old format you could close a thread if you started it. I only say that because if I was viewing a thread that I started I’d see a box in the upper righthand corner that said “close” but that’s the only time I’d see it.

What’s up buddy did you post a thread and didn’t like the answers you were getting, lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,058 Posts
Michael, what thread do you want deleted?

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think, (and that can be dangerous at times) under the old format you could close a thread if you started it. I only say that because if I was viewing a thread that I started I’d see a box in the upper righthand corner that said “close” but that’s the only time I’d see it.

What’s up buddy did you post a thread and didn’t like the answers you were getting, lol.
lol that's the problem, I didn't get any answers, so I figured i'd check with some friends to see if they want the 380 casings ... I didn't want to have the offer still on the table if one of my friends decided they wanted them ...

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Michael, what thread do you want deleted?
Bonk ... i started a thread in "reloading" titled Free to a good home ... I was offering some 380 brass that i don't reload and i haven't had any takers. So, I was going to check with some local friends to see if they want them and I didn't want to have this offer on the table if someone local decided they wanted them ... that's all, if we can't delete it that's fine, maybe i'll just go in and edit the thread and say no longer available?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,842 Posts
Thread deleted. On the old platform the OP could lock a thread but not delete. Not sure if OP can lock a thread now or not but you can check. Go to the forum level that lists the threads and if there's a small box on the right by the thread you can check you might get the option at the bottom of the screen.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thread deleted. On the old platform the OP could lock a thread but not delete. Not sure if OP can lock a thread now or not but you can check. Go to the forum level that lists the threads and if there's a small box on the right by the thread you can check you might get the option at the bottom of the screen.
Thank you very much ...

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Waveform ... I looked and I could not find the option of closing or locking a thread like we had in the old platform ...

If any admins are reading this we need that option ... just sayin ...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Click the 3 dots top right go down to FAQ
Whole bunch of good info listed there.
New site has new stuff hiding, it's like going bird huntin!

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Click the 3 dots top right go down to FAQ
Whole bunch of good info listed there.
New site has new stuff hiding, it's like going bird huntin!
I have perused those three dots and nothing about locking or closing a thread. It did mention about deleting a thread and only admin or mod can do that ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts