Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have a Auto Pistol (of any Brand) that you have shot a lot of times and never had a jam or fail to fire? The only one that I have is the Ruger P90DC. This is not a (which Brand is Best thread). I think it would be good for people that is new to auto's, to see which are dependable.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Yes!! This P85 MKII has fired way better than 6000 rds, probably closer to 7000 without a bauble of any kind. Never a failure to feed, fire or eject using all kind of factory ammo and cast bullet reloads, mixed or matched. While the accuracy is not even close to that of a tuned 1911 or some other guns at 25 yrds it is more than accurate enough the at 7 to 10 yrds or less it would used for self defense.
Baker

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Several come to mind as you describe and i currently own only one----the Ruger kp90dc 45acp.

Others that come to mind were the cz75pcr 9mm, cz83 380acp, and the mkIII browning hi-power 9mm.

had to part company with quite a few. The ruger was a 45 and a duty weapon so it naturally stayed with me. Ya'll might be getting tired of hearing me say it, but the p90 is the most dependable 45 i have ever owned----period.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My P90, P95 , P345,SR9, XD Tactical 9 and 40, Glock 22, M&P 45 and Taurus PT 1911 never have failed in any way. My 380 RIA 1911 did at first..............

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
My P89 has digest thousands of rounds, mostly reloads and mostly HPs, and has never failed from the 1st shot to the last. My P90 has had a few bobbles, mostly the slide not going all the way into battery, but that was with the first 200 rounds, and it has not done it since. It has been flawless since the break in period.

·
Super Moderator
21,482 Posts
P94 in 40 S&W never a problem with factory or handloads in 12 years.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ruger P944, Sig 226 & 232, Berreta 92 FS none have had jams hickups or issues of any sort. Stopped counting rounds on these once I broke the 800 live cycles.

·
Registered
758 Posts
P90T. The only bobble it had was when I was loading a magazine and talking to a buddy and I loaded a round backwards while I wasn't paying attention.

It wouldn't feed the backwards round.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Both of my P95DC's and both of my P97DC's. Never once did any of them have even on malfunction. My 1911A1 Colt has been the same but it was carried by my late father-in-law on Guadalcanal in WWII and it doesn't get used any longer due to its value to our family.

Pistols that I had FTF FTE problems with include:

P345
Walther PPK
Bersa Firestorm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ruger P93. Have shot thousands of rounds through it and never had a problem.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Firestar, in .40 S&W / Sig. P226, 9mm. Both have several thousand rounds thru them, without a failure of "any" kind. I'd recommend either of them without reservation. I had a Kel-Tec P11, but not long enough to "prove" it. Although I did really like it, My Son gave Me the Sig for my birthday & I had a friend who wanted the K-T, so it's gone.

·
Registered
401 Posts
KP89 - close to 5000 rds w/o a problem.
XD9 - close to 1500 rds w/o a problem.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have a Springfield Linkless in 10mm that has not had any jams but then again it has only 1500 rounds through it.
My Browning Buckmark has yet to have a FTF with lots of cheep ammo through it

1 - 20 of 55 Posts