Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dick’s Sporting Goods Faces Customer Outrage Over Gun Ban | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

I went to my local Dicks Sporting Goods yesterday and, of course, found myself in the firearm/hunting section (they must have a tractor beam in that section). I started looking around and overheard a gentleman talking with the sales associate about shotguns. Turns out that he was looking for a shotgun with one of the tactical pistol grips. Dicks has a catalog at the gun counter that you can order from, and the man picked out the shotgun that he wanted (for his son-in-law) and showed the associate. The associate immediately saw what the man wanted and said, "Oh no, sir, we can't order that." The man asked why, and the associate said, "Because of the ban".
The man then became understandably P-Oed and told the associate that there was no ban. After a few minutes, management became involved and both the manager and associate kept muttering "store policy, store policy...".

Has anyone else experienced anything this preemptive yet?

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Dick's quit selling many firearms as "company policy"...
I made my final exit from their front door about a week ago.

I think we'll see more of this from stores that sell a wide range of sporting goods and sports clothing.
They will be afraid to offend the soccer moms and dads.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Well they don't have to worry about getting any of my money. Ever.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't buy ammo there anymore. I frequent one of the stores in NH. They ask for my license and write down my name so I'm done there for guns and ammo. Yiogo

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Afterall....... they're DICKS......

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here in Columbus everyone is in a frenzy. Ammo is slim pickings everywhere I go. I bought the last few boxes of the 22 and 17 at my local Meijer today. They were almost out of everything but shot shells.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I used to be a loyal Dick's fan until their gun department started going downhill. I won't shop there any more either. They can go pound salt as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I swear to God I won't give Dick's or CTDirt another penny of my money. I don't care if they both have ammo for $5 a box - I'll pass.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Was loyal to Sports Authority until a Dick's opened up. Became loyal to Dick's. Then Academy Sports opened up. I'm a S.A. guy now. My only problem with them is everyone else goes there now! To many empty shelves.

·
Banned
698 Posts
I agree pass on both. A word to any other stores out there " get stupid and bow down to the anti gun nuts. Your putting your self out of business."

Cheaper than dirt. Really shocked me..... they have a much higher % on gun and gun related items... Dick's and others like them have a smaller % in gun related sales compared to other items they offer. But this will bite them. I hope the gun manufacturers dump them. Ban them from selling their products. I ain't buying nothing at either store or online.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Guess I've been in a hole, knew about dicks but what did cheaper than dirt do? Have bought many things from. Fill me in please.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I had no use for the dud deals and dorks at Dick's even before the rush on guns.

·
Registered
97 Posts
the only riffle iv evee bought from dicks sporting goods was on black friday i got a 10/22 for 179 i will never buy another firearm from them they hardly ever have any kind of deal my LGS can beat there prices every time
so them getting rid of there gun section wont hurt my feelings any

1 - 20 of 66 Posts