Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Go ahead & let it out...let it aalllll out. LOL Last week I got my new Hi-Point 995 9mm w/red dot, forward grip, laser, compensator & xtra 10 round mag. I've shot it once and I'm surprised how accurate it is. I still need to make adjustments on the forward grip & the red dot. So far so good, it seems like the 995 is going to be fun to plink with.

Specifications:
Barrel length: 16.5"
Overall length: 31.5 "
Weight: 7 lbs.
Stock: All weather polymer
Finishes offered: Black
Capacity: 10-shot magazine standard
Sights: Fully-adjustable

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
Yep....

You are waaaaaay more than half evil.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pistol caliber carbines are a lot of fun, I don't have a Hi-Point but by most accounts they are great guns minus the lack of high cap mag options.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Now you need to get the ATI stock that makes it look like the Beretta CX4,lol.

Good thing 9mm ammo is cheap.

Yeah you can get 15 rd pro mags for around $20 bucks to help keep that pile of 9's down.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Mine is great. I'm going on 2,000 rounds now with only one FTE and I haven't even field stripped it yet. I just clean the bore now and then and lube it. It's pretty accurate out to 100 yards with an Aim Sports 4X scope but I generally shoot it around 50. With some Cor Bon DPX I dropped a couple feral cats DRT. I want to try it on the local coyotes but they seem to have made themselves scarce after I took a couple shots at them with my 10/22.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice...definitely on my wish list. Had a .45 at one time. Note to self...never sell anything!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a nick name for her because she goes through the ammo in blink.... lets just say shes the family hohoho. :p

When I put the laser up in a 50 ft oak in the dark, I thought wow, this would be good for raccoons.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I had an older 995 and loved it!

You CANNOT beat the Hi-Point warranty if anything ever needs to be serviced. lifetime, no questions asked.

However, beware, they recently changed the warranty. they said that the use of promag 15 round magazines will void the warranty because they cause excess wear.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Congrats...looks like fun! Enjoy!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd love to get a Hi-Point 995. I'm lucky enough to own the mythical Kel-Tec Sub-2000 but it doesn't come with the rails. And all the add ons for the Kel-Tec are pretty expensive. I've often thought about trading the Sub-2000 for a Hi-Point 995.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What did you pay for that trim piece of muscle, if you don't mind me asking?:eek:
I do believe it was under 5, I'll dbl check later. I know I called several dealers within a 50 radius & they were out, back ordered & couldn't keep them in stock. We just wanted to check prices between them & the online price msr $ before we bought it.

I just dbl check price, yes 450 & change. That included sales tax 6%.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I do believe it was under 5, I'll dbl check later. I know I called several dealers within a 50 radius & they were out, back ordered & couldn't keep them in stock. We just wanted to check prices between them & the online price msr $ before we bought it.

I just dbl check price, yes 450 & change. That included sales tax 6%.
Wow, they must be scarce by you. I got mine at my LGS for $289 ($310 OTD) and then saw one at Cabela's a couple weeks later for $249. That was over a year ago, we didn't have that much inflation did we?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Just got one in 45 at Cabelas for $349. Have not shot it yet but hoping to get out to the ranch this week. Hope it is as good as the wife's 995. The 995 is a lot of fun and relative cheap to shoot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts