Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the 0-25lb Timney was out of stock and I figured a 0-8lb wouldn't do the DA's... did the next best thing!

So with my deluxe WalMart baggage trigger gauge I pulled them all! Here are the averages as scientific as I could get:

Match - 2.25lbs Yup she is too low!
Hunter - 4.8lbs About where the Match should be (4-5lb range)
1006 - 13.5lbs DA/ 7.5lbs SA No wonder it is the hardest 10mm to shoot!
Razorback - 3.5lbs About perfect!
XD9 - 5.5lbs Moderate
Ruger Target - 2.75lbs I wonder why people do trigger jobs on these?
Ruger Redhawk - 12.5lbs DA/ 5.25lbs SA Not bad for a gun this size I guess
Ruger GP100 - 10.5lbs DA/ 3.5lbs SA Pretty sweet for a revolver!

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Ruger Target - 2.75lbs I wonder why people do trigger jobs on these?
Thanks for the info.

I've done mods on my Mark III triggers to take up the typically long pre-travel of the stock trigger, but mostly to remove creep. Marks are generally pretty decent as to pull, right out of the box.

Personally, smooth, clean and crisp is much more important to me than a light pull. Awfully hard to time your sight picture and your trigger pull with a trigger that takes forever to break or that stutters because of roughness.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Your GP100 result(s), is that with a stock GP100? I've never tested or had a problem with mine, just always thought the GP's DA pull was 14lbs (or was it 12?) stock.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the triggers are unworked stock. The GP100 has a couple thousand of rounds through it now.

I wonder what the stock rating is for the Redhawk and GP100?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 6 inch SS GP100 has a birth date of Jan 26 2012. And the trigger pull is identicle to yours fresh out of the box. The trigger astounded me when I felt this baby up at the LGS. I remember being a kid and my fathers riends GP's were awsome but the trigger was not this good.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I just checked the trigger pull on 4 of my guns:

Redhawk DA= 8.79 SA= 5.04
Security Six DA= 9.25 SA= 4.07
sp101 DA= 10.12 SA= 4.83
Service Six DA= 8.34 SA=4.12

I used an electronic scale with an even load balance distributed across 8" preventing the string from touching anything but the trigger. I took an average of 3 readings per measurement and then rounded to the nearest 100th.

The DA pulls will lighten the more you shoot them. My sp101 was around 13 lb when it was new 17 years ago. It has lost 3 lb by normal use, cleaning, and occasional dry firing.

None of my revolver have had special work done (that I know of), but they are older and get shot on a regular basis.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ruger GP100 - 10.5lbs DA/ 3.5lbs SA Pretty sweet for a revolver!
That's about the same as what i got with my GP100.

polishing and de-burr took it down to 9Lbs.

changing out the springs to the lightest Wilson springs brought it down to 7Lbs 5oz.

a little more polishing and stoning (focusing on the sear engagement and frame) brought it down to 6Lbs 13oz.

and finally adding shims it came brought it down to 6lbs 9.5oz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts