Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one guy is the 130th member to join 5 days ago...and he already has 3000 posts.
somethings not right.
do people import posts from somewhere else or what?
:confused:

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Hey bobski - I saw that and just assumed the post counter was showing total number of posts that have been posted in the forum by everyone. Or something like that. I don't think the forum has been around long enough for anybody to post that many!

Maybe a question for the admin guys there. I asked for a Ruger forum (of course) and a Hunting forum. We'll see what develops....

Wave

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
click profile of a mod by the name of 'shotgunpro' and see what you get. i just looked. he has 3000 posts posted thruout the website. he's member 130 and joined 5 days ago.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I told him he was one busy dude. Some of us still have day jobs...

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
i posted a tangentially related thread in the ruger shotgun forum, in re: how many folks had joined, knew much about it, etc.? i'm intrigued by the notion, but sounds like there are a few things to be ironed out......

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
bot sounds like a theroy.
i am kind of concerned if the website is just full of bots...getting people to register emails....behind a cloke of fake discussions. could this site just be a way to gather private info?
anyone know this site owner?
not one of my q:'s to mods or admins has been answered.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
bot sounds like a theroy.
i am kind of concerned if the website is just full of bots...getting people to register emails....behind a cloke of fake discussions. could this site just be a way to gather private info?
anyone know this site owner?
not one of my q:'s to mods or admins has been answered.
yikes! i hadn't thought of it that way. now that has me vaguely worried. any moderators out there have a thought on bobski's very astute question/observation?????

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I signed up for that group also. I hope to get some help identifying my Zoli shotgun.
I will say it is easier to post photos there than the two step thing I do here.

I wondered about the miracle of number expansion in the post counter. But like the coming election, numbers don't matter, money talks.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
This forum keeps me busy. I spot chat in a couple others but this is where most of the action is.
I belong to several other gun forums, but this one is by far the most active. The new shotgun forum will have a long way to go to catch up.

I signed up and was immediately suspicious that the forum had been seeded with questions to get things started, but what the heck, I took the plunge, anyway.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts