Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much this forum has gotten under my skin. I had surgery last week and haven't been able to get online or the computer as much except to take care of some business things, but now I am back.
Time on your back really makes you think and one thing I have been trying real hard to understand is why am I so enamored of Ruger products. While looking at the front of the 2007 catalog it finally dawned on me, its the spirit of the cowboy. In my teen years my father had a ranch and farm in upstate NY where we lived the really good life, fishing and hunting just out the front or back door. Fifteen head of horses, and various other farm animals, cabins for guided hunts, which me and my brother guided, fields of corn, crick running through it, mountain in the middle, etc., you get the picture. I wore cowboys clothes as everyday wear. If we didn't grow it, fix it, feed it, or create it ourselves then we just didn't need it. I didn't appreciate that kind of life at that time, I hated the hard work or so I thought, so when I left for college I left the good life behind, to learn of what I thought were better ways to make a living, dummy me. Anyway,
Just glad to be back,
peace

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Peace, I missed you but didn't know you had surgery. Hope recovery is good and quick. Sure glad to see you back on the Board. I can identify with Ruger and Cowboys. When I was young, a bunch of us young people from different Ranches would get together and either have rodeos at one of the ranches or just ride horseback. When we were horseback riding we always carried revolvers and sometimes winchesters. A friend and I broke horses for people for spending money when we were in high school. How times have changed! You can take the boys out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boys. :)

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Momma, don't let your Cowboys grow up to be people......

KP97 thanks for the well wishes

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Glad your back Peace. I have been a Ruger fanatic since I was a kid. My first pistol was a MK2 and it has been down hill ever since! Now, I am a single action nut, so maybe we do all have a little cowboy in us.

·
Registered
842 Posts
peace, glad to see you feeling better and back with us. I think most of us still have a litle bit of cowboy in us. Strange thing is, although I've been a hunter and shooter for close to 60 yrs I was never much into handguns until about 20+ yrs ago. Got my first Ruger autos about 15 yrs(a MKII and a P85) ago and only considered buying a single action revolver about 9 yrs ago. Like Tim, I'm hooked now. Just with I had a little more available money sometimes when I see a certain gun I really don't need but could probably find a use for.:)
Baker

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was wondering where you have been too, peace. Thought you may have been on vacation. Wish you a fast recovery. I had colon surgery two days after this last Christmas. I am going on vacation the last two weeks of June. Didn't plan to take a lap top along...maybe I should. I will miss the forum guys too. Hope all is well and stays well for you, peace. Take care!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aw gee thanks guys, It feels good to be back

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Glad you are back. Pull up a chair.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
welcome back peace, and please in the future let us know if your going to br a way for a while. Yes I too lived on a farm and wore those same clothes ,yep the work was hard alright but what I wouldn't take to be on the back pourch and sit there whittling listening to the older folks talking.
I have tasted many coold rinks that folks say are great but they is nothing like a cool drink froma dipper with well water. Dang I can taste it now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Peace,

Big welcome back.

I really enjoy your posts.

Great to be hearing from you again.

Hope you are recovering well from the surgery.

Skunk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts