Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a Ruger Wrangler pistol. Question...... Do you Wrangler owners think the metal is good enough , thick enough to put a regular scope pictanney rail mount on top of receiver and then i put rings and 2-7-32 pistol scope on it ? I was thinking about drilling / tapping it and then put the locktite to it ? I own a Ruger Single 6 but do not want to put the scope on this pistol , I know they make a mount for the Ruger Single 6 and it will be more accurate than the Wrangler . thanks. Marty

·
Registered
300 Posts
I own a Wrangler, although I haven't gotten to use it yet. But I honestly don't think the top strap is intended to be used with a scope, whether it's tapped for one or not. It's an aluminum frame, and aluminum really doesn't take to fine threading all that well. There's a reason the Single Six was built with a steel frame.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a Wrangler.It shoots well. Seems to like CCI high velocity and Aquila high velocity. I asked my local gunsmith about the same thing when I bought it last year. He said it's "hardened" aluminum and possibly couldn't be scoped without a chance of stripping the screws at some point. He installed my Single-Six and MKII with rails and red/green dots, so he knows Rugers and sights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Wrangler.It shoots well. Seems to like CCI high velocity and Aquila high velocity. I asked my local gunsmith about the same thing when I bought it last year. He said it's "hardened" aluminum and possibly couldn't be scoped without a chance of stripping the screws at some point. He installed my Single-Six and MKII with rails and red/green dots, so he knows Rugers and sights.
OK I was hoping i might be drill and tap for a regular 2-7-32 scope. Marty

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless you only want one and money is available get the single six, however the Wrangler is a true bargain and a hoot to shoot. I have two of each and love all four. My Bearcat SS is becoming my go to six shooter when it's just for fun shooting. Heck all of the Ruger single actions are fun to shoot! Pick one and through some lead down range. It will make your day much better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts