Ruger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
What is a "floppy disk?"
It is a spinal condition. Usually requires surgery to correct.

99% of my pictures are taken with SLR (and most of that is digital, but I need to feed the 6x7 again). I mostly shoot with studio lighting at ISO 100, so I haven't needed to chase the latest releases.

When I shot the dress rehearsal for a musical a friend of mine wrote/produced/starred in, I took 1400 images in one evening. I can't do that staring into a screen on the back of a camera.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's hard to imagine chimping 1400 photos. ;)

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I received the Nikon camera today and it's pretty much what I expected. I quickly ran it through the paces and found the 40X optical zoom is fantastic. I took several pictures and they look real good, although I haven't printed any of them yet. My only disappointment is ... I thought it had a view finder like my Fujifilm camera but it doesn't. It does have a 3" display that tilts but I don't know how that will work in bright sunlight? Operationally, it is just like my Fujifilm camera with a few extra features so the learning curve will be very short. In all, I am very satisfied with the new Nikon. I am not a professional photographer, just a hobbyist so I don't expect as much from a camera as a pro would. I think this Nikon will serve me well.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I like the view finder on my Canon, but the auto focus can drive you nuts some days (nice I can shut it off). Nice thing with the 3" display, you can edit and delete what you don't like on the spot.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Iowegan: glad to hear you like your new camera. I have a couple cameras sans view finder. With a little menu diving, I discovered that there are screen modes for bright sun. They actually help quite a bit.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
23Loar, Thanks, I'll check into that. It has been overcast today so I really don't know if the 3" display is a problem or not.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I recently purchased a Nikon D5600 with a standard 55mm lens and 300mm zoom to go with it. Got it at Best Buy for (I think) $700. It was worth it. I'm usually a tinkerer but in this case, while I've played around with the things I can adjust, 99% of the I just use it on auto. It takes great pictures and I have no complaints. I got lens covers on Amazon for 6 or 7 bucks and the same for UVO screw-on lens covers... They're so cheap they're like disposable lens covers but I've never used a nice lens without one. I've never had to clean a camera lens, either! I can definitely recommend this camera.
Cheers,
crkckr I

·
Registered
15 Posts
Canon G5 X. I carried 35mm SLR cameras for years, shooting weddings just enough to keep myself in film. I lugged them on vacations, through airports, etc, and was enjoying the results. I now have 3 SLR bodies, numerous lenses and flash/battery systems just gathering dust. Then came digital. Now I carry just this camera. It's considered a point and shoot, but Canon views it as the stepping stone from a P&S to a larger SLR system. I absolutely love it, and I've pressed the button on thousands of images over the years. Cameras are like guns. Your most likely to pick up the one thats light and packable and does the job. You'd love this one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My first digital was a pos and cost almost $1000, with a resolution of 4.9 MP and this was touted as being a Prosumer camera! It was a Minolta Dimage 7. Photo is from Internet search, as I no longer own the camera.

87F18FEB-343D-430D-BCCC-FBBB368B5615.jpeg
My second was a Nikon Cool Pix...still have it but never use it anymore. I also have a Canon EOS 60D with both a Prime and a Zoom Telephoto lens. Don’t use it much anymore either. My latest..and probably last, is a Leica DLux 7. This one I really like. Have wanted a Leica for many years, but most of them are sold as bodies only. The lenses for them start out at expensive...and go up in price from there!
Cheers,
Unkei

·
Registered
700 Posts
My son just bought a sony a7ii. Very versatile and works great in auto and manual modes.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts