Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son won 2 tickets in a raffel in boy scouts to our local track , so the wife ,son & i went and had a blast , we are avid race fans , it just seemed back to roots racing , we did the whole ball of wax , tee shirts , food , beverages. a late night but memories for a life time! it was just down right good dirt fun!
SL.

·
Registered
156 Posts
As I sit here surfing the net, I can hear the cars from the race track a few miles away. Nothing beats dirt track stock car racing, especially at the local track, where the competition and bragging rights are so seriously taken.i love it. Sounds like a night of good old fashioned family fun. Are you going to go back for some more?

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
sounds like you had alot of fun.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Sounds like you and your family has "got it together". Way to go! Very proud of you.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Your local dirt track is a great place to spend a Saturday night with the family. I drove Modifides & Super Modifieds backin the 70's & 80's, & still get in a race car from time to time. Diving into a turn in an open wheel car at 130 mph on a 1/2 mile track, or running 3 or 4 wide on a little 1/4 mile is an experience that I'm never gonna' forget! [8D]

·
Registered
44 Posts
A buddy of mine has a modified and I have gone racing with him a few times. We always watch from the pit side of the track. I am hooked. They are starting a new class here called Hornets. One of the track owners who builds cars has stated he would build a Hornet, ready to race for around 1800 bucks. Much more affordable entry level than about anything else except Bombers. HMMMMMMM!

link contains info about Hornet class
http://www.springfieldraceway.com/

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I grew up around the dirt tracks of the Midwest. We ran midgets and sprints. My home track was Larenceburg,Ind but my favorite was Eldora. Nothing like turning 24 sprints lose on a 1/2 mile high banked dirt track. The whole family always went and we had a blast.

Best:Baldy

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dirt tracks are still the good ole boys racing, and lots of fun to watch. There is Forest Hills Speedway in my area. 1/4 mile dirt track but it closed down. I hear rumors the track complex was bought and plans are to reopen it and the adjoining 1/4 mi dragstrip too. That would be FUN!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Up here in Northern Wisconsin, Dirt Track racing on small ovals is a big time event during the Summer months.

The tracks are rough and get huge holes and ruts in the corners before the night is finished. Sometimes the events are not organized as well as could be, but the enthusiasm is always at a fever pitch and the local racers always put on an excellent show.

Great entertainment for the family and there are enough tracks in the area that you could go nearly every night of the week if you wanted to.

Skunk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts