Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, now the (expletive deleted) bolt stop pin will not budge. Got the trigger assembly out. Those pins moved once I applied a better bit of strength to them. But now I am stumped. I am at the point of either giving that bolt stop pin a massive strike (which scares me) or just cleaning all the parts I can get to.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
182 Posts
It shouldn't be that hard to remove. Give it a good rap with a punch & hammer. You won't hurt it.

As an FYI, I recently bought a new 10/22 Sporter and when I attempted to install a Volquartsen recoil buffer, it wouldn't go in at all. I spoke with Scott Volquartsen and he told me that the newer rifles may have additional paint in the pin holes that may need to be cleaned out. That could be the case with your rifle it it's a newer one.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
After you shoot enough rounds through it and take it down for cleaning enough times, you'll start to miss "the good old days" when all the pins didn't just fall out by looking at them the wrong way!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
After you shoot enough rounds through it and take it down for cleaning enough times, you'll start to miss "the good old days" when all the pins didn't just fall out by looking at them the wrong way!
Yes. A rubber mallet and a dowel is sometimes required for a new 10/22. After a few disassemblies it will loosen up a bit.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Spray both ends of the pin with WD-40 and let it sit overnight.

Then "build" a support block (chunk of 2x4 with a hole in it large enough for the pin to fit in).

Those will most likely solve your problem.

The one in my new 10/22 falls out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine needed a little more than a tap to get them out the first time too.used a punch
And hammer to get them out .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts