Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have thought about making a thread like this for a while, but I have not because nobody else talks about it. I thought it might be frowned upon somehow, or we are not even supposed to talk about it. But, as they say "curiosity killed the cat", and I have seen one too many former members of this forum that have been "dishonorably discharged", so, I will step out and ask my questions. Today I was looking at an oldish thread and I came across a former member named "berettabone". He was dishonorably discharged, and I wanted to know why, so I went on his page and looked at some of his last posts. Most of the posts I looked at looked fairy innocent and non-problem causing. This is the second or third time I have seen that happen. So my questions are, "Why was "berettabone" dishonorably discharged?"; and, "What does someone have to do to get dishonorably discharged?"

P.S.- I think I should've posted this in the minefield!

P.S.P.S.- The title should have been "Dishonorably Discharged".

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Can of worms....usually shocking & sad (but not always) when someone is poofed. But its not my call so you just roll with it. We have to abide by the forum rules or there would be a lot of ugly nasty chaos.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
It's all in the rules when you sign up about what is welcome and what is not tolerated. The posts that get them warnings and then eventually DD'd are removed. Tat's why you can't see what they said to get themselves DD'd.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can I find these rules?

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I've asked that question of one of the moderators and the answer I got was that most of the "DD's" are over persistent refusal to follow forum rules. An exception to that are people who post as "sock puppets" or who "spam".

I've gone back over the posts of a couple of people who've been dishonorably discharged trying to find what they said to get bounced; sometimes I can find something but I think a lot of the objectionable posts get deleted (with extreme prejudice).

Jim

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
591 Posts
follow these and you have noting to worry about. break them and then you will. if people dont want to follow the rules then they are welcome other places. im glad the forum moderates this way, because there would just be a lot of tension and flame wars going on. i must say that this is a great forum because you dont see alot of bashing going on here, as well as people breaking forum policies. the moderators seem to do a great job controlling it. this is a very respectable forum, keep up the good work guys.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Don't forget that the Mods will usually delete the offending post that may have lead to the DD, so you may not be able to see exactly what happened

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry yall for almost ruining the peace in the tavern this summer evening. I really was not questioning the forum rules, I agree with them 100%!
God bless and have a nice night!

·
Registered
285 Posts
This is really a relatively easy forum top post whats on your mind, in the correct areas. Another forum I belong to but rarely ever sign into is pretty darn harsh. Along with admonishment by a moderator you can bet 99% of active members will chime in and trash you for the post y9ou made as well. That old saying about not shooting the messenger, does not apply to that forum one bit. You can post something out of the newspaper ver batim and get trashed for months due to it.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Don't forget that the Mods will usually delete the offending post that may have lead to the DD, so you may not be able to see exactly what happened
Pretty much..... ;)

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I belonged to another firearms forum where anything goes. After about a month I asked that my membership be deleted which they did. I come here to chat with friends and post a few of my thoughts.

I don't want to hear foul language or see naked pictures which what was happening on the other site. I think the mods here do a great job of keeping this place PG13.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Should be "dishonorably discharged" or "dishonorable discharge".
Good example. That is the kind of criticism that will get you a DD alright. :D

·
Super Moderator
16,222 Posts
Guys ... The following info should help clarify your questions regarding the issue of dishonorable discharges.

Guys ... The moderator staff here works hard to be fair with all of the members, and we would prefer to never have to ban anyone. With that said, we have members from time to time who obviously are not here in the best interest of the forum, and who after being warned do not change their "Unacceptable Behavior" which results in a dishonorable discharge. The large category of unacceptable behavior can be broken down as follows (not an exhaustive list):
1. Posting spam (immediate ban with no warning)
2. Posting troll threads (typically a warning issued 1st)
3. Open forum fighting / Personal attacks towards another member (typically warning issued 1st).
4. Foul language (typically warning issued 1st).
5. Slurs aimed at race, religion, creed or sexual orientation (typically warning issued 1st).
6. Posting unsafe firearm practices (typically warning issued 1st).
7. Posting anything that would be deemed illegal (typically warning issued 1st).
8. Being belligerent towards forum staff members (warning may or may not be issued 1st).

Keep in mind for those who believe that we're infringing on their 1st amendment rights do not understand the meaning of the 1st amendment very well. This is a private forum and upon signing up, each new member agrees to abide by the "Terms Of Service" agreement. Accordingly, the forum staff reserve the right to allow any member (who is not following the forum rules and/or not acting in the best interest of the forum) to exercise those rights elsewhere.

Also, note that a discharged member has no access to their account, including and PMs
Additionally check out the Minefield rules Here for additional information.

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Plus when you do a search for someone's posts, the minefield ones won't show up, and that's usually where the offense occurs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts