Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you dispose of old gas? None of my stupid small engines run and I think it's because the gas is old. Drives me nuts. Snow blower, chain saw, lawn mower, weed wacker, none of it starts worth a [email protected]

Actually my chainsaw always starts, it's the one small engine that does.

So if I wanted to get a fresh start and throw out all my old gas, syphen it out of the tanks, what do I do with it?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Assuming it is a small quantity, mix it with a much larger quantity of good gas and put it in your truck or car (I used to put it in my tractor). This should work even if you have a gas/oil mix. Again, make sure you only use a small quantity of the "old" gas mixed with a much larger quantity of good gasoline. If the stuff has been sitting in those engines for some time, you probably have severly gummed up carb jets and passages - they will need cleaning even with "good" gas in the tank. I always put some form of stabilizer in the gas I use for my small engines (either Stabil or Seafoam) - it helps prevent this sort of thing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Pour it on a brush pile and have yourself a bonfire. I wouldn't recommend putting junk gas in your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We lost a pretty big branch in a recent ice storm, the burn pile might be the way to go. I have used that seafoam before but usually while trying to 'repair' gas that's already gone bad. I usually use diesel for burning because it burns slower, but no matter how bad the gas in my snow blower is, I bet it still catches fire!

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's really the wrong time of year but fire ant mounds are another good way to get rid of old gas.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I just kinda lean up on one hip and whistle softly, while looking away into the next room....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts