Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I check the Ruger site for the new models whenever I think about it. There was talk on this forum about a GP100 22LR coming someday. Also still hoping for a Stainless American rimfire I see that there is a wood stock model. Maybe the stainless will be next. There is nothing in the new models that I can get excited about.
Anyone with me on this.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Email the CEO of Ruger to ask for them to produce the GP100 .22lr. Please.

Like the selection, but I do tend toward basic models. Bring back a blued Redhawk please!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't want them to introduce any new models. I bought a 1911 last week to complete having at least one of each different kind I want. I don't need any more temptation since the only reason I bought the last several was simply because I always wanted them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wonder if the lack of 22 ammo has put the 22 caliber GP100 on hold. It makes it hard to sell a gun if ammo is hard to get for it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruger told me at the Nashville NRA show that it was still in the works and being tested.yes that was eight months ago.
With the 22 ammo supply being low as mentioned by another.
They are probably having trouble finding ammo to use for the testing.;)
Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just me, but I think a GP100 in 22LR would be a very heavy 22 firearm for a 22 rimfire revolver.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I get that way too. Right now in fact. There's really nothing in the current product offerings that really light me up. But I know that will change and something will catch my fancy and next thing you know there's another Ruger I'm chasing down. It's been a while for me though.

I also learned that sometimes what seems so exciting and full of promise can fall flat. The last Ruger I pined over in eager anticipation ended up being a big let down and got the 'ol heave ho on GunBroker a few months and several frustrating range sessions later. Sometimes that's the only way you learn what works for you I guess.

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,255 Posts
How about bringing back the 44 Magnum deerstalker carbine? Would that get you excited? :D

How about a lineup of carbines that accept the SR series magazines?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I think Ruger's had a lot more interesting releases this year than most other manufacturers. I got pretty excited about the takedown Charger and the 45acp/45 Colt Redhawk, which is still on my wish list.

The 22 GP100 has already been building up a fan base. I predict when it does come out they will be grabbed up and hard to find. The one I'd really like to see is a 22 mag or 9mm SP101.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
got enough .22's. I want a Ruger semi auto 10mm. that would be as much fun as I could have with my clothes on.
Lol. A 10mm semi auto or revolver sounds great, sign me up.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Just me, but I think a GP100 in 22LR would be a very heavy 22 firearm for a 22 rimfire revolver.
It's not just you at all. It would be a heavy beast that might have limited appeal after the shine comes off the apple.

·
Registered
785 Posts
How about an SR45c

1 - 20 of 31 Posts