Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember them? Kind of imploded about 12 years ago for criticizing the Iraq war. They're trying a comeback now. Just curious what people think, or if they even care about this.

Just an FYI tickets went on sale, I believe, a day ago for their first concert, which will be near where I live (no, I'm not going) scheduled for a Wednesday in July 2016. I was curious to see how sales were going, here's the run down of prices and available seat numbers in the different seating sections at the venue...

6 @ $678
86 @ $195
74 @ $299
59 @ $200
31 @ $198
32 @ $190
58 @ $187
26 @ $197
8 @ $167
16 @ $158
28 @ $170
12 @ $156
8 @ $158
42 @ $119
152 @ $55 (these "seats" are a grass area in the nosebleed section where you bring your own lawn chair or blanket to sit on).

(Capacity is 16,000 so it is 99.96% full)

Which brings up another question in my mind. Would you pay this kind of money to see a concert by ANYBODY??

·
Banned
513 Posts
Elvis reincarnated, maybe...
And who said Alabama Fans don't have a since of humor? :p But really, the Dixie Chicks??? country music died in the 90's when Garth Brooks changed it to Country Rock Pop. If it aint Willy, or Merle I aint have in it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
As long as that whiney Natalie Maines is part of the group I won't even listen to them on the radio.:(

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The Ditsy twits dissed an American president ( who by the way was far left of me) but it must have cost the millions of $$$ ...Here's a heads up, don't Dis the USA on foreign soil, and that goes for our current president...It comes natural to him:eek:

thewelshm

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Concerts cost a great deal more this side of the pond.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Never heard any of their songs. I plan on keeping it that way. Same with Justin Bieber.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,452 Posts
I'd pay that kind of money to see The Beatles.

The Ditsy twits dissed an American president ( who by the way was far left of me) but it must have cost the millions of $$$ ...Here's a heads up, don't Dis the USA on foreign soil, and that goes for our current president...It comes natural to him:eek:

thewelshm
In related entertainment news, Seth F#[email protected] Carson Rogen's last two movies bombed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
6 @ $678
86 @ $195
74 @ $299
59 @ $200
31 @ $198
32 @ $190
58 @ $187
26 @ $197
8 @ $167
16 @ $158
28 @ $170
12 @ $156
8 @ $158
42 @ $119
152 @ $55 (these "seats" are a grass area in the nosebleed section where you bring your own lawn chair or blanket to sit on).

(Capacity is 16,000 so it is 99.96% full)

Which brings up another question in my mind. Would you pay this kind of money to see a concert by ANYBODY??
Well the grass area isn't bad, and I have paid about $150 a piece for up-close Foo Fighters Tickets once, but keep in mind that was the TOP PRICE. They didn't go higher than that.

If Jon Bonham rose from the dead, hadn't lost a beat and got the rest opf Zeppelin to go on tour again, then yes, those ticket prices are reasonable. Otherwise, no-freaking-thank-you, regardless of who is playing.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Give me Bluegrass or give me deaf. :D

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I won't spend my money to watch them... That bridge was burnt by them about 12 years ago.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Give me Bluegrass or give me deaf. :D
The original Dixie Chicks (pre Natalie) were mostly blue grass and they were pretty good. Emily and Martie (sisters) were part of it then. They performed at my (then) company Christmas dinner/party (1988). Don't know if I still have the CD or not..:eek:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
In college, I went to a lot of concerts, and remember paying about $15 and getting floor seats. That was the early '80s and on the University campus. Inflation would make that $35 today.

That was for top names of the day, Hank Jr., Barbara Mandrell, Merle Haggard.

For today's nosebleed seat ticket prices I expect valet parking, front row seats, and a backstage pass.

Most entertainers today can barely sing without autotune, anyway.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,838 Posts
Well the grass area isn't bad, and I have paid about $150 a piece for up-close Foo Fighters Tickets once, but keep in mind that was the TOP PRICE. They didn't go higher than that.

If Jon Bonham rose from the dead, hadn't lost a beat and got the rest opf Zeppelin to go on tour again, then yes, those ticket prices are reasonable. Otherwise, no-freaking-thank-you, regardless of who is playing.
Hey you forgot a rose from the dead Jimi Hendrix, that would be worth paying for, along with Led Zepplin, otherwise we are in the same boat, never cared for the DC, although some of them used to be easy on the eyes.:D I am with you..;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts