Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this bench together a few months ago when I bought a reloading press. Wanting to do this on the cheap I went to Home Depot and picked up $10 worth of 2X bargain bin boards. The top is 2'x2' and it's 36" tall. The bargain bin boards are cut to 4' lengths, so the bench dimensions were a little limited. The top and the shelf are glued up 2x10s. There is a lot of cross bracing under the top and bottom, it is heavy. I might add some shelves on top for a little extra storage. Looking at it in the photo it looks like I should be chopping meat on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Built mine from the bargain bin too - weighed about 300 lbs, twice as wide as yours, but no lower shelf. I would have been better off with your design. Small pieces (like primers) would get caught between the 2x8's I used for the top. Also, with no lower shelves, the top would get overly cluttered.

Nice work! No reason you can't build a second one to chop meat on as well...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The clutter problem is exactly what I am facing now. In the process of loading a batch of rounds the powder, scale, calipers, brass, bullets clogs up the top pretty quickly. As some of the previous post say, bigger is probably better for a workbench.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Bigger does`nt always help ,it just lets ya spread out ya "stuff"

Good lookin table though !!!

I have 2 24"x80" tables then 2 other tables 48" & 72" & I still can`t hardly set a box of boolits down !!!!

REMEMBER

·
Registered
115 Posts
bench

Zotto!
Very nice! You can always add to it. Below is what happens, sooner or later! Believe it or not, there are two 10' benches in my hobby room! Luckily, I quit building models in there, too, so gained some of that back.
Dick

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
Up until this morning this thread has been inactive for over 9 years..............I guess no one pays any attention. To funny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.