Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S&W SD9 that I bought a few months ago. It's a gun that is positioned below the M&P's and above the current SD VE series pistols. It's built well, has an excellent grip, and is kind of a Glock clone. (Breaks down the same way, no active safeties, fires without a mag, etc.).

Biggest negative about it is its "self-defense" trigger. Apparently Smith doesn't want anyone to shoot someone by accident, so the trigger feels like it takes about 13 pounds to pull it back about 3 inches before it "breaks" and fires. Actually, it's supposed to be about an 8 lb. trigger. Using the term break with this trigger is stretching things a bit.

Apex makes a spring kit which I'm told improves things a lot, and I think if I keep this gun awhile, I will probably end up trying one. Meanwhile, I'm wondering, do triggers improve at all as they are used more?

·
Banned
1,402 Posts
Like anything mechanical, they change with use.....I would think that some model firearm triggers loosen up with use, some don't...my Beretta's seem to lighten up a bit, but my SR40 seems to be staying the same......If you plan on keeping the firearm, and you just can't get used to the trigger, then do a kit...but, I do not know alot about the SD9, I am assuming it's DAO only. If yours is around 8#, I wouldn't think that was heavy.....mine are probably 10+ DA........4.5 SA....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts