Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of them has a price tag from Target, so it can't be that old I guess. But don't these look antique? One's full, one's nearly full. My neighbor gave them to me when I told him I just ordered my 16 ga.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Eddie, you are going to love that 16. Man, I am excited for you! Those Model 12's, well they're just something else!

I don't think Target has ever sold ammo and I know none of the stores in Michigan have. I'm thinking that stuff is from a different "Target" than the department store. Be careful with that old stuff, it can have a pretty good poke to it!

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have an old Ithica Model 37 Featherweight, in 16 G. I love it ! The only drawback is ammo availability. If You get yourself a MEC loader, problem solved !!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The Target stores here use to sell ammo and guns when they had the full service sporting goods section. I would guess that was from the 70s or 80s. They should shoot fine if there is no evidence of moisture, corrosion or case bulge.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have bought Winchester ammo in those boxes back in the 70's. Good stuff.

A suggestion and it looks really neat------save one round out of each box. Take it and build your own ammo display board. With examples of 38 spl, 12 ga, 45, just whatever you shoot. A cartridge board looks neat. I've seen folks use them little(what my wife calls) "what-not" shelves. The little wall hanger shelves to put miniture junk---i mean figurines---on. Something like that by your gun cabinet would be ******* heaven.

By the way, is the federal "purple" hull? paper hull?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Fire away as all they will do is fizzel if they don't go bang. Just be ready to hold your aim for about 30secs if one don't fire.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Deputy, great idea! I believe they are purple, I'll look when I get home.

Baldy, you're assuming I can hold my aim in the first place??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts