Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I think I really like the new design. Taking a while to find all the things to click and what they reveal, but I spend enough time here to have found most of what I want.
I'm not a fan of having the new message page getting clogged by an individual with a long string of welcomes.
The old site had a "ruger guns" option, where it filtered out the new user welcomes, tavern and classified. Basically you could just view the firearms and gun pages.

It would be nice to have a tab under the NEW heading that auto filters to just the gun pages. Kind of like the button for waiting for replies.

Registered
At the top of your screen, between the "NEW" circle and your avatar is a cute thing with 5 dots and 5 lines. Click on that and it has all the sub forums. You can visit the one(s) you like best that way and never have to see any new people's introductions or other things you have no interest in. If you only want to view one "forum" most of the time, once you get to it, make that your bookmarked link.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I hope I didn't offend anyone. I sort of expected to get flamed a bit. FeralCatKillr's response was a classic and had me literally laughing out loud...and snorting out a bit of red wine I was sipping when I saw it. I just wanted to make a suggestion for an enhancement that I thought would be a benefit.

I do enjoy the welcoming nature of this forum that seems to be unique from others I participate in. This is the one I track and participate in the most due it's civil and polite discussions. I often review and send welcome posts to new members, particularly those from near my home.

I was merely suggesting the addition of an old feature from the past version that I really liked and had bookmarked as my home page. It was labeled "Ruger Guns" and showed only the posts in the firearms, pistol and revolver, rifle and shotgun, forums and subforum posts. You didn't have to look in each subforum individually. I am mostly interested in the gun posts and that feature was a very efficient way to track them all with minimal effort.

Super Moderator
The problem is someone goes in and copies and pastes something like "Welcome from Nebraska" 17 straight times for a nice personal touch for each one. :rolleyes:

Premium Member
The problem is someone goes in and copies and pastes something like "Welcome from Nebraska" 17 straight times for a nice personal touch for each one. :rolleyes:
Exactly. Glad you mentioned it terry_p
If I don't have the time to address someone by name/screen name and personalize the message I just don't do it. Running up the post count with a quick impersonal cut and paste job is not my cup of tea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts