Ruger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ha ..... I've got a brand new CaseCruzer quick draw pistol case that's only been out of the house one time. When I took it to the local indoor range I felt like a French whore walking into a room full of nuns. Guys were actually following me to my lane because they knew I wasn't going to pull any HiPoints out of it. Paid $300 for it and if I could dump it for $100 I would....... No I don't dress up nor do I like sticking out in the crowd.

·
Major
1,624 Posts
Thanks to the posters making comments about how other shooters dress. You have given me my biggest belly laugh in months!

I mean, who cares how other people dress? Do you go to the range to shoot or to be fashion critics? As an RSO, the ONLY dress thing I care about is lady shooters or visitors who wear tops that are hot brass catchers. We keep a couple of crew neck T-shirts they can put over their tops to keep from collecting hot brass in them.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks to the posters making comments about how other shooters dress. You have given me my biggest belly laugh in months!

I mean, who cares how other people dress? Do you go to the range to shoot or to be fashion critics? As an RSO, the ONLY dress thing I care about is lady shooters or visitors who wear tops that are hot brass catchers. We keep a couple of crew neck T-shirts they can put over their tops to keep from collecting hot brass in them.

Ouch. I’d volunteer to give first aid or apply burn cream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
13 Posts
Years ago I agreed to go to the range I frequented to meet a rather peculiar friend - to try to help him learn to shoot his first pistol. Apparently he had never actually been to that or any other range before. He arrived dressed in full authentic African safari garb, bush jacket, shorts, knee socks, boots and a pith helmet. Remarkable. Last time I ever shot with him.

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Same as usual..........jeans, t-shirt and loafers. No camo or tactical needed.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I had enough of camo when I wore it in the NG, but sometimes I would wear it as casual dress. I do not dress to impress, and when I go shooting, a pair of Wranglers and a sweatshirt are fine.

{PS: whenever and where ever, I show up at a range, I am probably one of the best pistol shots present. But you would no know that by my looks.}

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
{PS: whenever and where ever, I show up at a range, I am probably one of the best pistol shots present. But you would no know that by my looks.}
Be wary of an old man with a well worn revolver. He probably knows how to use it.

Reactions: SteeveeDee

·
Banned
513 Posts
Seems like every time I go to a range there are always those two guys there; Tommy Tactical and Carl Camo.

He is wearing a too tight t-shirt sporting a gun logo.
LMAO, I've never heard those terms before, that is terrific :D I dont know about you guys but my range in in a mud hole, anything short of hip waders and you would be under dressed. I'm in construction, so I just put on my work clothes when I go to the range. You wouldnt want to go out there in your "Sunday's Best." But I wear my Ruger "T" shirts in public, with pride ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Seems like every time I go to a range there are always those two guys there; Tommy Tactical and Carl Camo.

Tommy is festooned in his 511 pants, neatly bloused into his desert boots. He is wearing a too tight t-shirt sporting a gun logo. Topping off the outfit is his baseball cap, aviator glasses, and shooting gloves. Always shoots a polymer pistol with flashlight, laser, cup holder, and USB port.

Carl can't seem to get enough camo; from hat to boots. I hate to tell him but I can still see him.

Neither one can hit the side of a barn....from inside.

I'll give trap shooters and cowboys a pass. Unless there is not a sanctioned cowboy event. Then you just look silly.

The range can also be entertaining.

Me, I just wear jeans and either a button down or sweatshirt. My hat will either be Indiana Pacers or Butler Bulldogs.
long pants, and shirt, close collar, comfortable shoes. A hat with a bill (forward) safety rated shooting glasses and both ear plugs and muffs. anything else is out of place.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Dressing up for the range?

...I rarely wear camo..but when I do, it's Mossy Oak. Because I'm the least interesting man in the world. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Besides the requisite eyes and ears, I wear comfy clothes that I don't mind if they get powder/lube/residue on them. Jeans, boots or athletic shoes, crew neck T and maybe a sweatshirt if the weather is cool. Sometimes a ball cap, but not usually.

121 - 140 of 175 Posts