Ruger Forum banner

141 - 160 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Seems like every time I go to a range there are always those two guys there; Tommy Tactical and Carl Camo.

Tommy is festooned in his 511 pants, neatly bloused into his desert boots. He is wearing a too tight t-shirt sporting a gun logo. Topping off the outfit is his baseball cap, aviator glasses, and shooting gloves. Always shoots a polymer pistol with flashlight, laser, cup holder, and USB port.

Carl can't seem to get enough camo; from hat to boots. I hate to tell him but I can still see him.

Neither one can hit the side of a barn....from inside.

I'll give trap shooters and cowboys a pass. Unless there is not a sanctioned cowboy event. Then you just look silly.

The range can also be entertaining.

Me, I just wear jeans and either a button down or sweatshirt. My hat will either be Indiana Pacers or Butler Bulldogs.
I have to agree. It's entertaining. Maybe they think they'll shoot better all dressed up. As far as their shooting ability..... most of the folks there can't hit the broad side of a barn, but maybe that's why they are there to start with.

I'm sneakers, blue jeans, t-shirt, outside add a ball cap.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Jeans like I would have on any way. Not long ago there was a picture in our newspaper of a fellow in full tactical regalia shooting wild hogs in a pen with a rifle and scope.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Jeans like I would have on any way. Not long ago there was a picture in our newspaper of a fellow in full tactical regalia shooting wild hogs in a pen with a rifle and scope.
Bolding mine. Looking through a scope at short range could get a guy eaten before he can draw a bead!

I just wear whatever I want, at the range. The only things that are the same each time is my hat and eye and ear protection. It was 116º F in the shade at one range last August. I'm not going if it's that hot again. There were people literally passing out from the heat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shorts, or jeans in the two months cold enough for them. I do sometimes use the opportunity to wear manufacturer or range branded T shirts. I like camo shorts because I can wear them for a month and they never look dirty. But I don't have any right now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I shoot these two, I do a little, but just to be period correct, circa 1770, give or take a couple decades.

GS

·
Registered
479 Posts
I put on my tactical jeans, tac slip on shoes, tac pull over shirt.
I haven't been tactical since I was in the Army!!!!

·
Mark2Cars
32 Posts
I might wear my "Cold Dead Hands" Marvin the Martian T-shirt at the range and I do own a Hornady hat that I wear fairly often (LGS gave me the hat after I helped sell a rifle). The only "tactical" clothing I wear is a pair of mil-surp desert tan boots because they're comfortable and cheap! As in 77 cents a pair cheap:eek:

Other than that, it's jeans or shorts and a sweatshirt/jacket as needed.
John where do you find Military surplus boots for .77 cents !! I wanna know !!

·
Mark2Cars
32 Posts
Rangy Wear

I always wear eye protection, long pants, a shirt with a close fitting neck and long sleeves. Shoes are usually what I have on when I leave the house.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
When I shoot these two, I do a little, but just to be period correct, circa 1770, give or take a couple decades.

GS
Beautiful flintlock. I've had the chance to shoot percussion pistols & rifles before, but never tried a flintlock or a wheellock yet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My range bag matches my shoes.
Mine too. They both say Adidas. :)

Seriously though, I wear jeans to everything shy of a funeral. If it’s really cold, I may have Filson wool pants on. The t shirt I wear could possibly have a gun logo on it, but it would be a random thing, and if I were dressing for the range, would likely avoid it. I also fish every spare second I have, but I don’t wear branded clothes in the boat, either.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Years ago I agreed to go to the range I frequented to meet a rather peculiar friend - to try to help him learn to shoot his first pistol. Apparently he had never actually been to that or any other range before. He arrived dressed in full authentic African safari garb, bush jacket, shorts, knee socks, boots and a pith helmet. Remarkable. Last time I ever shot with him.
Kind of cool to have shot with Hunter Thompson.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Who needs to be so pretentious and prejudice to worry about how someone dresses.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I get a chuckle from the guys that come to the range in full camo..........I guess they don’t want to be seen.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm really boring and don't want to stand out. Everyday wear is jeans with sweatshirt in winter, t-shirt in warm weather. The only thing I change when I go to the range is my shoes. I normally wear sneakers but a range trip usually requires boots as parts of it are muddy most of the time.

I try not to judge others by what they wear. Sometimes you get to talking to someone and find out that your first impression of them was way off base.

141 - 160 of 175 Posts