Ruger Forum banner

161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Merrell hiking boots to trail through sand and brass without issues. Blue or black jeans. Hoodie to help bicep/pec with recoil. I usually dress well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
House coat and slippers, I shoot off my porch!
Not really, I never wear slippers to shoot in, because I have to walk out in the woods to set up my targets, slippers don't protect against the briars like regular shoes.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I shoot outside in the backyard. My club is also outdoors.

There are a lot of deer who are out there that can have ticks.

I wear long sleeves and long pants against gnats, mosquitoes, and other insects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Instagram
Muzzleblast_MD

·
One Star
9,856 Posts
nothing special just everyday casual dressed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There's a much hallowed place here in Merrie England called Bisley. It is the spiritual home of shooting in Britain.

It is owned and run by the 'Establishment' and they love their rules. They will pour scorn on someone shooting a rifle with a scope attached, they will look down their collective noses at a rifle with a synthetic or laminate stock, a rifle with a fluted barrel.. on and on it goes.

But, all that said, try to enter their range gates wearing any form of camo and you will be denied access. The only shooters permitted to wear 'camo' are serving military shooters.

No combat jackets, nor pants, no camo shirts, no scrim used as a neckerchief. Nothing camo..

Appalling really as it's Mil-Surp clothing that is the cheapest and easiest to buy.. Go figure..

·
Registered
153 Posts
House coat and slippers, I shoot off my porch!
Not really, I never wear slippers to shoot in, because I have to walk out in the woods to set up my targets, slippers don't protect against the briars like regular shoes.
This man sounds like he is living his best life. Only thing missing is plentiful nuisance squirrels or prairie dogs so the poor guy doesn't have to set up his own targets.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Forgot to add this one...

There's a school of thought in GB (that I personally don't subscribe to) that suggests that having to, compulsorily, wear Blaze Orange means people take risks. It don't really matter what colour you wear, deer are not going to be spooked by a pink Hello Kitty T-shirt.. but they will be spooked by movement, scent and sound.

I was out with a couple of guys after some Roe who were destroying a small wood. We were all set up, eyes focused, listening hard when I heard the sound of 'something' heading my way. I looked into the dense cover of trees and saw a brief flash of red/brown. It was just for a second but enough.. I shouldered my .308 Parker-Hale 'Scout', chambered a round and aimed slightly ahead of where the sound came from... finger on the trigger ready to take up first stage pressure... Then I saw it.. a medium/average sized guy in a dark red track-suit out for a run in the woods..!! My mouth was as dry as a desert and my heart was pounding, and not from Buck Fever..!! That guy to this day doesn't know how close he came to having his day spoiled...!! And this is what could have messed his day up.. he wouldn't have felt it, and he certainly wouldn't have heard it either..!!

161 - 175 of 175 Posts