Ruger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

· Registered
Rugers: Model 19122 pc 9 , American Competion
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Too late. She has her own.

I have heard her say she will just whip up a special dish for dinner and exterminate me that way. I never take the first bite of anything.
Poor Fido!!!! Or do you make the cats take the first bite? Cats are so finiky they may be better in that role.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I miss my Python, Series 70 Gold Cup, M700 .375 H&H, Ruger No. 1 .25-06, Sako .375 H&H and Sako .223….I’ve replaced everything else and then some. And I miss my first dog, a rabbit chasing machine (Basset Hound)
I am a dog lover, spoiler even. My reputation. I am supposedly a tough guy. I ball when I have lost a dog.

· Registered
A few Rugers and some other firearms.
76 Posts
Oh yeah! I have a list...

Shotguns, only one here.
Churchill Fly weight 20ga. SxS. What a beautiful and light gun that was!

Quite a few rifles.
FN post war Standard model Mauser 98 in .30/06
Mint Enfield #4 MkI
Mint 1909 Argentine Mauser
FN 49 sniper in .30/06
Remington U.S.1917
Interarms MkX Mauser sporting rifle in 7mm Mauser.
1895 Krag cavalry carbine
Remington 513T .22
Marlin M39A
Pre WWI Mauser Model B 8mm Mauser

Revolvers
4'' S&W M28 .357Magnum
U.S. 1917 S&W
8 3/8'' S&W K-22
Ruger old Model Super Blackhawk .44Magnum
7 1/2'' Colt SAA .44spl.
Mint 6'' Colt Police Positive Special, 1928

Self loading pistols
1st year production (1928) Colt Super .38 with pre-war .22 conversion unit. Looked like it was dragged through the Amazon by a string for a couple of years, but it was a still a great shooter and I love the .38 Super.
Beretta M-70s .22lr.
Taurus/Beretta M-92 My opinion better built than the Italian model.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Oh yeah! I have a list...

Shotguns, only one here.
Churchill Fly weight 20ga. SxS. What a beautiful and light gun that was!

Quite a few rifles.
FN post war Standard model Mauser 98 in .30/06
Mint Enfield #4 MkI
Mint 1909 Argentine Mauser
FN 49 sniper in .30/06
Remington U.S.1917
Interarms MkX Mauser sporting rifle in 7mm Mauser.
1895 Krag cavalry carbine
Remington 513T .22
Marlin M39A
Pre WWI Mauser Model B 8mm Mauser

Revolvers
4'' S&W M28 .357Magnum
U.S. 1917 S&W
8 3/8'' S&W K-22
Ruger old Model Super Blackhawk .44Magnum
7 1/2'' Colt SAA .44spl.
Mint 6'' Colt Police Positive Special, 1928

Self loading pistols
1st year production (1928) Colt Super .38 with pre-war .22 conversion unit. Looked like it was dragged through the Amazon by a string for a couple of years, but it was a still a great shooter and I love the .38 Super.
Beretta M-70s .22lr.
Taurus/Beretta M-92 My opinion better built than the Italian model.
Wow, the 1928 colt super .38 with a pre war .22 conversion kit, that is a weapon that ANYONE would miss! I bet it had a story to tell before you got it or sold it!

· Registered
76 Posts
Wow, the 1928 colt suoer .38 with a pre war .22 conversion kit, that is a weapon that ANYONE would miss! I bet it had a story to tell before you got it or sold it!
The right side of the gun had deep blood pitting and the gun over-all was pretty much void of finish. The conversion unit was well used, but nothing like the parent gun. It did shoot well and caused a life time love for the .38 Super cartridge over anything the Colt Gov't model is chambered for...including the 10mm, I have a 10mm SS Delta Elite and much prefer the Super.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The right side of the gun had deep blood pitting and the gun over-all was pretty much void of finish. The conversion unit was well used, but nothing like the parent gun. It did shoot well and caused a life time love for the .38 Super cartridge over anything the Colt Gov't model is chambered for...including the 10mm, I have a 10mm SS Delta Elite and much prefer the Super.
I never owned a .38 super, but have shot one. I agree with you. It is a wonderfully controlable round in the platform. If the world was "fair", .38 super would be as common as the 9x19

· Registered
76 Posts
And...just switch out barrels and you can have a 9mm on the same frame. My current Super I use Star Line .38 Super Comp. brass, it's a true rimless .38 Super. I did have to adjust the extractor a bit for reliable extraction. I've been thinking of getting a 9mm barrel for my current Super.

· Registered
394 Posts
I miss these:
  • Colt Delta Elite blued
  • Winchester 101
  • Remington 1100 (My first multi-shot shotgun)
  • Browning BL22
  • Original .45 Vaquero 5.5" blued
  • GP100 6" SS
  • Kahr P40
  • NIB Colt Cobra (Was my Grandad's, father sold it before asking me)
  • Browning Citori
All sold or traded for important things at the time, stupid things looking back......:rolleyes:
Never had a Browning Citori. But I'd definitely miss it anyway! 😆

· Registered
2,699 Posts
My careers after the military also included moves from one coast to the other. I have lived in multiple cities in twelve different states and two countries. I have lived in eight different cities in California from San Diego to San Francisco.
I always used to have my guns shipped when I moved from one U.S. assignment to another or had them stored with my household goods when I was assigned OCONUS.
I sold a large safe and all of the contents and all of the ammo to one person when I moved across country. I kept a 1911 for myself and an S&W 357 magnum for my wife.
My big post-retirement move was from Florida to the Rocky Mountains/plains country, and I hauled a safe with all of my guns and ammo in a U-Haul. I was physically thrashed after loading that stuff and was lucky to have some people to help me get the safe into the truck. I hired some safe movers to get the safe into the new place when I got it out here, though.
I did have to sell a Century Arms R1/A-1 (Imbel receiver FAL) when I PCS'ed to Kaliforniastan, though. I regret that to this day. I eventually got a DSA SA-58 to replace it, but the repro just isn't the same as the original, even if it is prettier. I have a special hatred for that lousy state because I was forced to get rid of a gun before going there.

· Registered
264 Posts
I always managed to find "extra" funds when I was younger, which kept my collection in tact and off the auction block. That being said, as I got into my 50s I've started to sell and trade a few. There have been some that I got in trades or multi gun deals that don't stir any emotion and just lounge around in the back of the safe. They have been finding new homes where they will be appreciated and used.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts