Ruger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
I'm limited to working out of two safes. On my long guns they must have a designated slot. Therefore I must aquire a premium rifle and then replace it by my least desired. It's another way to control my addiction. Yes! I miss them all. Sold a pristine 1993 Red Label 12ga 30" two weeks ago. I know that one will be surely missed.....

· Registered
53 Posts
I have said that I have sold a grand total of 1 gun in my life. And it is true. Not even a pellet gun, just 1 dpms oracle I had customized a little. I sold it to my back door neighbor stripped back down to factory except for an m16 pattern bolt.
Anyway I missed the thing. I had replaced it with the pcc 9 and kept my 20" wylde.
Now, neighbor says I can buy it back. He is trying to fund a new glock. He is a glock fan, I am not. We are still friends, but its tough on him because my Ruger American is such a superior weapon than his glocks. Even my Beretta is a superior weapon and it saddens him. But I guess there is some new super glock he wants.
I sold the panther to justify my pcc to my wife for 250. Now I can buy it back for 350. I currently have 1 extra optic, a cheap crimson trace I got free with the purchase of my rad pro. Idk. It is a fine ar, nothing special, lighter than my colt and 20", lighter than the pcc.
I think I will reclaim it. Sold jan 2019 for 250 rebought nov 2022 for 350. As long as I tell the wife its way cheaper than a new ar in todays world she might not scalp me. Found pic in phone from when I stripped it back down for him. Is there a rule about buying a gun back?? I had given him 4 gen 3 mags too...I don't think I get those back. I know he at least put 60 rounds down the pipe. View attachment 181290
I’ve sold & traded many over the years but there are 5 I wish I still had. Russian Tigr (Dragunov), FN FAL match ,SGL 31-94, HK93A3, FNC Para.
Wood Wood stain Plank Hardwood Lumber

Wood Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun

Wood Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
169 Posts
When I started to CCW I wanted to get a Glock 30 so I sold a buddy my 629 so I could get a G30.

Air gun Trigger Wood Revolver Gun barrel

Took about a 2 weeks later I realized my mistake..... then 6 years later my buddy wanted a 45 Auto so traded him the G30 for the 629. So got her back! Then and 2 years later I traded him a minibike and got my G30 back. LOL

That is the only pistol I like as much as my Alaskan, I will never get rid of either of them ever again.

· Registered
23 Posts
I sold a S&W 629 no dash pin and recessed 4" that was worked over by the S&W Performance Center. Carried it hiking, hunting and fishing for 4 years in Alaska but foolishly sold it after living in 2 states in a row where I couldn't use it deer hunting due to 5" minimum barrel length requirements. Sold it for for what I paid for it, which was $300. They are practically unobtainium now, and when you do find one they go for $1800 and up. Still kicking myself...

· Grand Inquisitor
2,872 Posts
Nope. I've sold just one, a Lee-Enfield, to get a Winchester 70 (made in 1960) that I enjoy a lot more for deer hunting.

When I sell something or give it to a relation, I don't look back. I sold my first car, and a few years ago I found another like it. Mine was in poor shape, so I don't miss it, but it was nice having one in a better starting condition to restore and drive.

I may sell a gun or two in the coming years, and if I do, no regrets.

· Registered
Rugers: Model 19122 pc 9 , American Competion
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Nope. I've sold just one, a Lee-Enfield, to get a Winchester 70 (made in 1960) that I enjoy a lot more for deer hunting.

When I sell something or give it to a relation, I don't look back. I sold my first car, and a few years ago I found another like it. Mine was in poor shape, so I don't miss it, but it was nice having one in a better starting condition to restore and drive.

I may sell a gun or two in the coming years, and if I do, no regrets.
Well Ihave given guns away. My dad a lever .410 henry and my nephew a single six. And my sister a berretta 92fs from wilson combat

· Registered
434 Posts
Misplaced a gun or two but never ‘missed‘ a gun. While I do love them I don’t ‘love‘ them but I will say that I have missed shooting certain guns over the years. Too lazy to dig them out and play with them. Of course the primer/powder shortage doesn’t help.

· Registered
308 Posts
Once, I had a Sig Sauer P226 Legion. One of the first generation is the prettier colored finish. I choose to sell it during a drastic money crunch.
I regretted selling it later even though the money helped tide me over. I purchased another one (second generation with a better finish but not as attractive color) this year to replace it.
I still wish that I had the first one but I really am glad not to be in that drastic money crunch.

If you never sell a firearm, you are a truly blessed individual.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
I had a 6” Colt Trooper Mk lll that was my duty gun. It was buried in a box and hidden in the attic at my folks house. My sister let a guy rent the room on the 2nd floor and the guy went into the attic and found my hidden gun and stole it. Really miss my duty weapon. Only gun I sold was. 2” Colt Detective Special to my buddy, and he wouldn’t let me buy it back.

· Registered
.22 Single Six and Ten, three Wranglers, 2 44 Vaqueros, MkII, 10-22, 22 Charger, 77-357, GP100s.
852 Posts
Two Redhawks - a stainless 7.5" .44 mag, and a stainless 5.5" .44 mag. Both mid 80's models, sold while cash was short. Then, a S&W 625-5 convertable. Miss that the most. I had only used the 45 ACP cylinder before I had to sell it. Still want to find one to replace it.

· Registered
1,291 Posts
The guns I truly miss are all the guns that got stolen from my Dad's farmhouse. The ones he gave me & the ones I would have inherited (like Springfield 1911, S&W .45 revolver, and WWII 8mm Nambu, bicentennial Single Six, etc.). As I have said many times, it's the memories that matter more than the material value.

On the bright side, I have since replaced almost everything I lost that he gave me, even my 1st Benjamin air rifle. I have never been able to locate a replacement Winchester Defender shotgun. They started making them again, but not in 20 Ga like mine was.

· Registered
Rugers: Model 19122 pc 9 , American Competion
3,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
The guns I truly miss are all the guns that got stolen from my Dad's farmhouse. Th ones he gave me & the ones I would have inherited (like Springfield 1911, S&W .45 revolver, and WWII 8mm Nambu, bicentennial Single Six, etc.). As I have said many times, it's the memories that matter more than the material value.

On the bright side, I have since replaced almost everything I lost that he gave me, even my 1st Benjamin air rifle. I have never been able to locate a replacement Winchester Defender shotgun. They started making them again, but not in 20 Ga like mine was.
My dad had guns stolen circa 1969. A year before I came along. He has been mad about that since I have been alive. Among the lost was a m1 garand with family history and a browning that would be worth a pretty penny today. And a tommy.
I either lost or misplaced a family heirloom as well. A youth knife brought back from france. But no stolen guns in my ledger yet.

· Registered
15 Posts
I traded in my Sig Sauer P220 .45 ACP for a Sig Sauer stainless steel GSR .45 ACP and I sold that for my Wilson Protector .45 ACP in stainless steel.

So I don't miss the two firearms that I let go.

I did have a Marlin 39A .22 that I was forced to sell but purchased another one a year later and there both stamped JM as are my Marlin .30-.30 and my Marlin Competition Cowboy Carbine .45 colt.

P.S. I just remembered that I also sold a Ruger Old Army back when I was young, that one I wish I would have kept.

· Registered
23 Posts
I traded an Armscor 1911 and 2 Armscor revolvers to help fund a SR1911 and a couple of SP101’s. I immediately regretted it. Not because the Ruger’s we’re not good, they are excellent. But because the Armscor’s didn’t really bring much money, and I really liked them. They were my rough duty guns, riding in the tackle box, kayaking in salt water etc.

I replaced them this year. I feel vindicated in a way. The fit and finish on the Armscor firearms today is head and shoulders above what it used to be. The Ruger’s are pulling BBQ duty and the Armscor’s are again pulling EDC duty!

41 - 60 of 83 Posts