Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Bushnell on both of mine. A Remington 7400 .270 with Bushnell 4-12X40 varible objective lens... I love it.
Also, I have a Winchester 94 Ranger 30-30 with Bushnell 3-9X40 fixed... Does the job.

·
Registered
216 Posts
On my Ruger 77R .270, I have a Bushnell Scopechief VI 2.5-8X.

My Ruger 77RL .243 sports a Bushnell Banner 1.5-4X.

My Howa 1500 .223 has a Bushnell 4-12X AO.

Some folks have nothing good to say about Bushnell's, but they have been very satisfactory for me.

I have a Simmons 4X on my 10/22. And on another rifle I have a BSA Catseye.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I have Leupolds on most of the long guns.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,392 Posts
I have Burris or Leupolds on all my hi-powers. My big game guns have 2-7X or 3-9X Burris scopes. My varment and target guns have a Burris 3.5-10X or 4.5-14X Leupolds. I spent more money on many of my scopes than I did on the guns that wear them.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
I've always used Leupold...that is until the last 2 rifles I bought. These wear Bushnell 3200 2x7 scopes and I'm very pleased with them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have one of the early Simmons Aetec that I like alot. The others are various others. On my new #1 I put a Bushnell Elite 3200 that may cause me to get others just like it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Burris Fullfield II Ballistic Plex Illuminated Reticle 3-9X40 on my RRA AR-15.
Love it, great scope.

Mueller APV 4.5–14×40 AO on my Ruger All Weather 77/22. Very impressed with this scope for the money.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My centerfire hunting rifles have either 1.5-5x or 2-7x on them (243 through 338), my varmint guns have 6-18x (223, 22-250) for those long shots at small animals. :D My 22's are have either iron sights or 2 1/2x scopes.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Have a Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 on mine now.It's good but I wish I'd have kept my 3-9x40 Nikon Pro Staff instead,it was better.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I used to have a Bushnell 5-15 3200 Elite on my Savage 12FV in .223.

While on a prairie dog shoot, I dropped it and bent the tube. This was In Lemon, SD and there are not too many places to shop, so I went to a gunsmith’s house where he ran his business out of the basement and bought what I thought was a temporary replacement, a BSA 6-24x50, used for $75.00

He mounted it and bore-sighted it for me and we took it to a range in town to zero, and it was good to go.

Went out the next day and made dozens of kills at around 300 yards, a couple dozen kills at 550 yards, one at 680 and another at 685 yards.

The Savage still wears the BSA.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I don;t have a brand name I favor over all others but I do have a style. On my Min-14 and Miini-30 I like shotgun scopes with a circle or diamond in the center, 1.5-5 or 6 X32. These seem to work best for me on these rifles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Tasco 3-12 on my 77R and it was not as clear as I like. I have a Burris 6-24 Signature on my Varmint rifle and it is a good scope. i just got a Nikon Buckmaster SF 4.5-14 and am astonished at the clarity of the optics. It is now on my 77R .270 Win. We will see how it does.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having had many Leupolds, Weavers, and Redfields over the years, my favorites today in order of preference are:
1) Zeiss Conquest
2) Nikon Monarchs
3) Bushnell Elites 4800
4) Leupold VIII
5) Mueller Eraticator
[^]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Ahab,
you have very expensive taste but I agree with you some day I am going have one of those fine Zeiss scopes

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm kinda surprised that no one's mentioned Weaver scopes. For the money, and with my eyesight, dollar for dollar I'm just as happy with my Weavers as I am with my Leupolds. I also like the Nikon Monarchs and the Buckmasters. I have a varmint scope sold by Smith & Wesson that has been discontinued, not the best scope but works well on my .223. No Burris, Simmons ot Bushnells, but do have a couple of Tascos on hand as back ups. Can't say that I have a definite favorite, as they all do the job. I have never had a scope fail on me. Guess I've been lucky over the years...

Peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
The Leupold Vari-X II that's on my 10/22 is the best of 'em all by far. The optical quality is crystal clear, has a superior field of view, is relatively parallax free over much of it's range, and light transmission is far above the rest.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts