Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Jesus said turn the other cheek and treat your neighbor as you would like to be treated. I try to live by this but sometimes I fail.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
No, thankfully I do not remember ever feeling the need for revenge. Having those feelings will just eat you up inside.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I'm not one to hold a grudge. I can get angry at times though. I forgive but don't forget.

I don't believe in Kharma or the Judgment Day. Revenge is not something I condone, nor would I ever seek it. No matter how horrible a deed someone has done, nothing will undo it. Revenge doesn't fix anything, it only causes more pain.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
I can forgive easily. But I sometimes have trouble with the forget part.

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
I'm not one to hold a grudge. I can get angry at times though.

I forgive but don't forget.
Looks like we posted at the same time. ;)

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
When seeking revenge, dig two graves, one for yourself.
Confusedous :confused:

Had a supervisor many moons ago that decided we shouldn't have access to the only phone on the pier (No cellphones, didn't exist). Working 110 hr. weeks you need to talk to family. End result, we broke toothpicks off in the door lock to his office for 14 straight days, each time they had to cut the door handle off for him to get into his office and the phone. On the fifteenth day he posted a sign for us to please keep calls to 10 Mins. or less......:cool:
Tony
PS they decided we needed to park outside the fence on the pier. Somehow that night the supervisor who was the only one with a car inside the gates car was mysteriously flipped upside down by a 40 ton fork lift??? Maybe it was high winds? We parked inside the next day. :cool:

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Revenge is meeting the delivery guy at the front gates and spitting in the supervisor's spaghetti and meatballs (with strep throat), resealing it and watch him devour it and comment about how great it was.... OK! Go puke and keep on reading......:p
Tony
PS Had a problem with another worker so lured him into a 40' container, locked it, drove around for 10 min. and then "stacked" him four high for six hours. He came out a broken, sniveling shell of a man?? He thought he was going to go through the Panama Canal in a few days......:cool:
Revenge can taste sweeter than honey!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
If someone dicks me around once, I will usually let it slide ("most" circumstances).
If it happens again, I usually wipe them.
I am easy to forgive, a little harder to forget.
If you really mess with me, it's usually best you just stay out of my way..... :eek:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
When I'm holding their still-beating heart in my bloody hand, then I'll forgive.

Just kidding.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I personally don't hold a grudge, I either move on or get over an incident.
I don't ever forget, but don't dwell on things either.
I'm not sure what forgiveness really means?
I do get mad as hell (darn brown eyes), but then its over & done.
It usually takes alot of little bs to get me peed or if its major bs I'll immediatly be peed.
I let the guy upstairs handle justice when the time comes.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Revenge is meeting the delivery guy at the front gates and spitting in the supervisor's spaghetti and meatballs (with strep throat), resealing it and watch him devour it and comment about how great it was.... OK! Go puke and keep on reading......:p
Tony
PS Had a problem with another worker so lured him into a 40' container, locked it, drove around for 10 min. and then "stacked" him four high for six hours. He came out a broken, sniveling shell of a man?? He thought he was going to go through the Panama Canal in a few days......:cool:
Revenge can taste sweeter than honey!!
You're straight up naughty. :cool:

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Like it was said earlier, dig 2 graves if you want revenge. In my experience, people that are vengeful are very unhappy people in all aspects of their lives, well before they were wronged.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Never discuss revenge with the "Righteous", or those who predetermine others lives without any knowledge of whom they speak. First walk a mile in their moccasins and then speak with authority not foolish presumption.
Author unknown.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts