Votes: 27 14.6%
  • Tell no one,other than spouse.

Votes: 140 75.7%
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go to friends and families houses to visit, do you tell them you are carrying? I haven't been, but should I be?

·
Super Moderator
21,483 Posts
I typically will leave it locked in my car.

·
Registered
596 Posts
My entire family that I have contact with know I carry and they have come to expect it.

But then again the only one in my family with an Issue towards Guns is my mother in-law and I don't go to her house she is the one that visits us, as bad as it sounds my wife, my oldest son, and I make it a point to open carry in our house when she comes to visit it keeps her visits short!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I dont see any reason to advertise that you are carrying if you are going to do that you might just as well open carry

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
If they don't know then they are not a friend or family...:D

·
To the Right of Reagan
570 Posts
My wife knows and so does my chief of police. I told one friend, the mechanic, and he grew another left pinky over it. I won't tell anyone else, and when I visit my mother and sister's homes, I know I'll be leaving it in the locked car.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Other than my wife, there are a few that know I carry, but I wouldn't go an offer up that info. The only people that really know are people who aren't going to care either way.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As a general rule I believe in "Always carry, never tell" - but check your state laws or the laws of the state you are visiting. Louisiana, for instance, has a law that includes:

"...Furthermore, a permittee may not carry a concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person."

·
Banned
402 Posts
What's the point ?? I mean why do you have to tell anyone unless it's a legality.
If it's concealed who would know ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's on a need to know basis...and there's no need to know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I voted "tell only family" but the only one who knows is my dad since he went to one of the classes with me.
Darrell

·
Banned
1,402 Posts
I let friends know, before I enter their home, after all, it is their home. If they don't want a firearm in their home, then it's my decision whether to stay,or go.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts