• Tell only friends.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Tell both friends and family.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • Tell no one,other than spouse.

Votes: 140 75.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you tell friends and non immediate family?

11K views 98 replies 83 participants last post by  Down South 
#1 ·
When you go to friends and families houses to visit, do you tell them you are carrying? I haven't been, but should I be?

#6 ·
My entire family that I have contact with know I carry and they have come to expect it.

But then again the only one in my family with an Issue towards Guns is my mother in-law and I don't go to her house she is the one that visits us, as bad as it sounds my wife, my oldest son, and I make it a point to open carry in our house when she comes to visit it keeps her visits short!

#8 ·
If they don't know then they are not a friend or family...:D

#10 ·
My wife knows and so does my chief of police. I told one friend, the mechanic, and he grew another left pinky over it. I won't tell anyone else, and when I visit my mother and sister's homes, I know I'll be leaving it in the locked car.

#12 ·
As a general rule I believe in "Always carry, never tell" - but check your state laws or the laws of the state you are visiting. Louisiana, for instance, has a law that includes:

"...Furthermore, a permittee may not carry a concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person."

#21 ·
I disagree with "Leaving the gun in the car"
That is the last place I would leave a gun, carry or non carry
How easy would it be for a "bad guy" to break into your vehicle and steal your gun
It would be like christmas or hitting the lottery for him

I carry and do not tell anyone.
It has never come up in conversation so whay bring it up?

#24 ·
They already know.. a good portion carry and almost all have or looking to have a gun.

While none were anti gun a few did choose to get a gun after showing them one and taking the shooting and sitting down talking about the issues of having a gun in the home.

#25 ·
I carry 24/7 and family and friends know that i do and approve of it. I never associate with or have anything to do with people that are anti gun, be it family or anyone else. I have found that people that are anti gun most always with few exceptions have a complete opposite opinion on every other legal and moral issue in life than what i do, so i choose to not be associated with that type of people, and i am sure that that type feel that they have no common ground with me either.

#26 ·
That's like bringing up politics, no matter what you say or how you say it there WILL be problems.

BTW: I never leave any gun I own in my car. In fact, unless they're locked up in the safe at home, they have to be on my person & under my control.

#28 ·
The only reason I ask is there is always the chance that you bend just right an reveal your CCW. Having small children, I have no issues with rolling around on the floor with then armed, I have full faith in my holster to maintain control of the weapon. I don't make a habit of telling anyone when I am carrying, but it just seems like a crisis waiting to happen. My friends that carry, already know I carry and have no issues obviously. My concern is with the friends that don't even have guns themselves. I have read through the Maine concealed carry laws a few times and don't recall any legality issues with it. Just don't want to make waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.