Ruger Forum banner

Doc Banik's 25-.22 Magazine-Two Threads Merged

7K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  newbutt 
#1 ·
I can't seem to find any information on an extended capacity magazine for the 10-22 that has "Doc Banik's 25-.22" printed in large letters down the side. They are supposedly made in the US...are they junk? :confused:

#3 ·
Doc Banik's 25-.22 Magazine

I just bought 3 of the mags yesterday at a gunshow in Houston. Today I took them out to give them a try, not one of them worked. not one of them would feed at all. Needless to say they are not BX 25 quality mags. Got a business card from the guy that sold them to me, said if I had any issues to call, I did and have not heard from him. This is the info I have.
hope it helps ya.

Doc Banik's
Steve LaPumemay
sales
2518 Lemay Ferry Road
suite 1107
St. Louis, MO. 63125
phone# 888-470-5514
stevel@docbaniks.com
Coming Soon - Future home of something quite cool

#6 ·
I saw this guy at the gun show this past weekend selling those magazine's.They looked pretty good but no video evidence of function.They looked just like the BX-25.They don't even have a fully functioning website...

#8 ·
Yes I'm talking about the Doc Banik guy,this thread is about the DB mags...

#9 · (Edited)
Hi all, I was linked to this thread by slickguns.com and wanted to share my feedback the Doc Banik magazines since I have several of them (all in black).

Here's the link from the add that links it to here in case anyone things I'm trolling. http://www.slickguns.com/product/ruger-1022-25-round-magazine-stock-30

All of them have worked just as well as the BX-25, only issue I had were some old lead nose rounds that had a lip on them. After about 20-25 rounds the issue resolved it's self.

I didn't have a single issue with hollow point rounds that would jacketed, I was shooting Remington 40 grain .22 LR from a bulk box I've had for some time.

I did check into the other suggested magazine and they sure are proud of those things at $40 each plush shipping.

When I bought these from a guy, he suggested I put them in my gun and rack the charging handle a couple of time just to help de-bur and polish some of the surfaces of the feed lips. I did that for one mag and not the other. The one I did it one was the one that ran without a problem. The other ran fine after I took out all of the rounds and followed the instructions.

I called and talked with Steve and told him thanks for the info and how I was happy with the mags. I'll be ordering more when they are in stock at one of the gun shows.

Buy with confidence that Steve will take care of you.

#10 ·
Good to know. I bought 3 mags from this guy at a gun show last month. Haven't had time to try them out yet. Read one post from a guy having trouble with them. I'll use your advice to cycle the mag before use and post my results. If they work well, it'll be $75 well spent.

#12 ·
I know it's an old thread but I just got a number of these mags and I disassembled them all and used my drill press and a dremel bit to clearance the rear ward side of the mag body so that there is room for the longest ammo I have which is CCI. This now allows the mags to be loaded and cycle properly. I did polish the top metal parts while I was there. Hope this helps anyone having g problems. I bought 16 for 10 each from a LGS and now me my dad and brothers have plenty of mags.

#13 ·
A little inside info

Hi, I actually was working with these guys & the problem was with the feed lips. We were averaging 1 out of 20 would actually work. This was discovered in the beginning, but the owner was so cheap & greedy ( & lazy) he wouldn't put in the time or money to solve the problem. The owner was an expat living in China, named Mark Banik, I could start a blog on what a scumbag this guy is :mad: Anyway, he would have all the components made in China & ship them to us in Texas for assembly. After months of beating our heads against the wall, we, the Texas crew, took it upon ourselves to have a BX-25 & a Doc Banik scanned to compare side by side. Though we did find a couple imperfections in the bodies, it wasn't enough to cause any problems with the feed. The feed lips on the other hand, where a disaster! We spent countless hours in the shop grinding & testing feed lips, but they were so inconsistent & we had probably literally a ton that were just garbage. Taking our scans & having the molds reworked would have solved the problem, but Mr Banik refused to make that investment & so what could have been a great after market product is now defunct. I apologize to anyone that bought these, but we honestly believed we had solved the problem. If you got one that works, it should last you forever. If not, count on some time with a grinder & a file. BTW, don't feel alone in getting screwed, every person involved in this endeavor got screwed by Mr Banik, including his own brother & he's still trying to put the screws to a couple of guys involved! Again, apologizes from the hired help. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.