Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good heavens ... it's not like I don't have enough other carry guns/holsters already: Shield 9, Glock 36 .45 & Glock 19. All are in the rotation, depending upon weather, perceived threat level, clothing options and my mood. :D
I rarely but occasionally carry a full-sized Springfield 1911. Awfully heavy but sometimes it just feels right.
Now with the recent purchase of a Ruger SR45 - which I bought just for a bedside gun - I'm getting the urge again and wondering if I just might buy an IWB rig for cold winter days when I'm wearing a bulky sweater and ... well, you get the idea. ;)
Does anybody here regularly pack the big SR and, if so, what rig do you carry in?
Thanks in advance for indulging my horrible addiction.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will be once my permit comes in the mail, taking forever lol. I've found there isn't a ton of holsters around for it but alien gear does have an iwb that I'm considering. Also, I've heard that some glock holsters fit the sr45 too. Being that you already have some glocks you could test it and let a poor sap like me know for sure :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be once my permit comes in the mail, taking forever lol. I've found there isn't a ton of holsters around for it but alien gear does have an iwb that I'm considering. Also, I've heard that some glock holsters fit the sr45 too. Being that you already have some glocks you could test it and let a poor sap like me know for sure :)
I'm leaning towards the Alien Gear rig too.
I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my G19 and an off-brand copy for my Shield. But I hear so many good things about the Alien Gear product, I think I'll give it a shot.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had to look up the specs on the SR45 (8x5.75x1.3, 30oz.). that compares to the Ruger P90(7.8x5.8x1.26, 34oz.) and the Glock 21 (8.2x5.47x1.27, 29.84oz.).
I've carried my P90 in a Remora holster either IWB(with gun belt) or in a pocket of work pants. I know a guy who carries a Glock 21 in one of these-- https://store.teamglock.com/accessories/glock-sport-combat-holster.html
sure wish Ruger would go into the $14 plastic holster business.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I've ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB for the big SR45.
I don't anticipate carrying it often. But with winter not far away, I can imagine some days when I might lug the big .45 Auto under a bulky sweater and my winter coat.
We'll see. Hopefully I'll have the holster in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered the tuck 3.0 and the owb pair little over a week ago, got an email last night saying its being tested so hopefully its here soon cause this nylon holster has got to go lol. you'll have to let me know what you think if you get yours first, i'm very curious how well its going to work with this big hunk of metal. btw what are you using for ammo when you carry your sr45?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have the Alien Gear 2.0 and the owb for my 9E. It carries well but I want to get something smaller for edc. I'd probably carry more often if I did.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
I don't have an SR Series pistol in any caliber...but I do EDC a Glock 36 .45 acp! With my small hands...the SR45 is just a bit too big for comfort!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have an SR Series pistol in any caliber...but I do EDC a Glock 36 .45 acp! With my small hands...the SR45 is just a bit too big for comfort!
it is a little large for guys like us with small hands, but the kick is minimal even tho its a .45 and its easy to control. normally it wouldn't have been my first choice but I got deal on it I couldn't pass up

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a SR1911 :D and use a IWB Tagua ;) holster designed for it, guess what, The SR45 goes right in just a little, NOT MUCH enough to hurt, tight. it is basically the same size as the 1911CMD size Ruger. But LIGHTER :eek:, LOVE both these GUNS hope the SR45 is as reliable.:confused:

·
Registered
704 Posts
A big +1 for Alien Gear holsters for .45s. I have the Cloak 2.0 for mine and its comfy IWB with a full sized at about 330-400. For the price they are super holsters. Wore mine this summer covered with an untucked [no pun intended] shirt. No issues with printing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I carry my SR9C with a N82 IWB holster. No matter winter or summer. I also carry a LC9s with same type of holster. The only thing I do not do with the SR9C is bring the extented mag on a concealed carry. And yes, this IS our bedside sleep aid with a 17+1 mag ready to go. And I sleep real nice!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a Glock 36 as well. Bought it when it first came out about 15 years ago and it was my EDC for years until I bought a Shield 9mm S&W.

I did just get an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 yesterday for the SR45. Super impressed with the clever engineering and design and quality of the holster. Haven't tried carrying the gun yet. Maybe this weekend I'll see what kind of wardrobe adjustments I'll need to make to conceal that big hogleg. :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I carried my SR45 yesterday in my new Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0.
Outstanding!
Under an autumn sweatshirt, it concealed amazingly well and was more comfortable than I could have imagined.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts