Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I read on this forum that Ruger was targeting December 15, 2021 to make their first shipment of Marlin/Ruger lever action rifles to distributors. Does anyone know if they met this target? I have not seen any credible data on their progress. It seems the folks that work in Ruger's production plants are incredibly well versed at keeping silent.

Thanks,

·
Banned
4,564 Posts
We will see em when we see em.
I'm betting they'll be worth the wait!
Have patience grasshopper! Lololol

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have patience to spare. I still am wondering when the words from the "powers that be" are accurate. I spoke to a rep at Davidson's who said he knew nothing about them...yesterday. Someone is lacking information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well, published product delivery dates are sometimes a big deal in the retail world ... at least to some companies. a great example is Apple's IPhone ... I guess we'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The old Ruger company would be months late, years sometimes on release. The new Ruger is behind on everything. I am with the waiting "be patient" crowd. I want one in 357 mag too, which will not be the first I'm sure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I called Ruger about adding a .22 mag. cylinder to my old Single Six and was told that I would have to wait. I was told they had "pulled people off that line to work on a production line.''

·
Registered
14 Posts
The old Ruger company would be months late, years sometimes on release. The new Ruger is behind on everything. I am with the waiting "be patient" crowd. I want one in 357 mag too, which will not be the first I'm sure.
I'm in the market for one of those as well ....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just curious as to why you chose the 357mag version. I've wanted a nice lever action for years but haven't yet bought one, and always just assumed I would get a 30-30. I guess ammo for the 357mag would be a lot easier to find.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Just curious as to why you chose the 357mag version. I've wanted a nice lever action for years but haven't yet bought one, and always just assumed I would get a 30-30. I guess ammo for the 357mag would be a lot easier to find.
My very first deer rifle was a 1972 model Marlin 336 with pretty wood and in 35 Remington. At the time I was looking for a 30-30. The 35R is in great shape and I still own it. Shoots pretty well too. I laid in a nice supply of ammo for it thankfully, since it is harder to find ammo for it than a 30-30.

Now I want a rifle I can shoot 38 special in and also be able to use 357 to hunt with. A sort of compromise between utility and something reasonably cheap to shoot.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ruger isn't even shipping any of their Redhawk 44 mags (that I can find).
And these, are well established production lines.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nobody on YouTube has popped up claiming to have gotten one of the new production rifles yet so I would assume they are shipping very late. We know they are in production, though, so at least some will show up but could end up on GunBroker first. Ruger's CEO has always said supply before the end of 2021 would be very limited.

·
Banned
4,564 Posts
Great point. Davidson is doing a website update this weekend. I bet they put Marlin back on their brand list.

·
Registered
920 Posts
No rush here, have many levers, Winchesters and Marlins. From 30-30, 45-70, .41 mag, 357 mag, .44 mag, 44-40 and .45 Colt. Whoops and a .44 mag Henry Big Boy. Lots of price gouging sellers for a while just like the Colt Python and Anaconda.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My very first deer rifle was a 1972 model Marlin 336 with pretty wood and in 35 Remington. At the time I was looking for a 30-30. The 35R is in great shape and I still own it. Shoots pretty well too. I laid in a nice supply of ammo for it thankfully, since it is harder to find ammo for it than a 30-30.

Now I want a rifle I can shoot 38 special in and also be able to use 357 to hunt with. A sort of compromise between utility and something reasonably cheap to shoot.
I was curious about your post as I went the same route. However, I went with a Henry lever in 38/357-what a riot to shoot...open sights and all!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would think, if they were shipping to wholesale distributers, somewhere along the line the cat would get out of the bag. Guys, that know guys, & have been big buyers, are itching to have one of the first, serial numbered Marlin lever guns produced.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well, I just saw pictures of John Taffin holding a new Ruger 1895 sbl in 45-70.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts