Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find a good sight pusher that works well with Ruger P-Series pistols? I have a P93 that I have tried to adjust with a brass punch and I can't budge it. I have some other P-Series pisols that could use a little adjustment also.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I'm with you rman. I haven't looked too hard yet, but I would rather gently press a tight sight instead beating the crap out of it with a hammer. Surley there's a good universal press avaiable that don't cost as much as a gun.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
What I ended up doing was putting the slide in a zip lock and placing it in the freezer for 2-3 hours... three whacks and it started moving out... After I finaly got it out, I removed about .001 off the front sight bevel, and touched up the bluing. Now it slides about 3/4 of the way by hand at room temperture...

As a side note, I always remove it left to right... and re-install right to left... leaving the set screw flush to the bottom of the sight. I also use a small flat head screw driver to hold the firing pin block plunger, compressed, in place as I slide the sight back in. The plunger has a "curved" end that goes down in the cavity pushing the spring, plunger flat end against the sight. After the sight covers the plunger, pull the screwdriver out quickly... and finish the sight install. Tighten the set screw when you have the azmith of the sight correctly aligned.

I hope this helps...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts