Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around a bit and couldn't find a thread on custom avatars. Does anyone here know how to make custom avatars? If so, can anybody hook me up with one?

If this is in the wrong place, my apologies.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I can't make them, so I usually find something I like and swipe it. Try searching Google Images: http://images.google.com/ on some of your interest. I am sure you'll find some sort of image that you like.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Avatars can be almost any picture (assuming it meets any particular size specifications or suitability for a forum) in a typical digital picture format like .jpeg, .gif, or .jpg Depending on a forum's rules, you could have an animated avatar.

If you have a copy of Photoshop, you can create an image file using elements from other images, resize it to the forum requirements and upload it.

Do a Google search on "avatar" to get some information.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What did you have in mind???
I was thinking of something like the eagle and crossed runways like you see in my signature, but instead of that being in white I'd like the eagle to have an overlay of the American flag.

Or just having the eagle with the American flag in it's talons.

I've also thought about having a soldier pointing a rifle at the enemy, but instead of the rifle, he'd have my softball bat of choice.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Keith for the google images suggestion. I obviously hadn't even thought of that.

RN, thanks for the offer to help. I found on the google a pretty cool image so I think I'm going to go with that for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts