6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about other states.
We are allowed by law, if on foot.
Except philly.:confused: With LTCF :confused:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
For the most part, no open carry in Texas.

·
Registered
300 Posts
No problem here in KY. We just use common sense, no OC in big cities or Walmart etc. I don't OC usually just because tourists get freaked overit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'ts legal in Colorado and I see people OC in the mountains all the time, but I don't know how it would go over in the bigger cities.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in New Orleans, and it's legal in Louisiana.... Haven't done it yet, but i did buy a holster recently, so I might try it one day.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Kinda takes away the best thing you have going for you...the element of surprise. But then again, how many idiots would try to harm you if they saw that you were armed? I guess it could go either way. Nowadays people see a gun on you with no badge, and they tend to get nervous. Just my .02 though.

·
Registered
897 Posts
No Concealed Carry OR Open Carry in Wisconsin. I think OC would get you shot by the police here in Madison. I'm trying my best to get the law changed. CCW was passed by our legislature 2X in last 5 years and the Guv vetoed it. Overides failed both times by 2 votes.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Legal in Montana, but each city has varying ordinances about carrying a LOADED gun.

Years ago, I was Elk hunting, and made a run from camp to the nearest town to pick up some supplies. I was half way through my shopping when I realized I was still wearing my Ruger SBH .44 magnum, fully loaded. Nobody even looked at me funny.

·
Banned
108 Posts
Legal here in Virginia , but I hesitate to do so because I do not want to be harassed by the police or have people ask if I am a detective. In the country towns nobody would probably mind but in the big cities people would be upset and get their feathers ruffled.

·
Registered
295 Posts
OC

NC doesn't have a law either or. "Catch 22" raises eyebrows you will have problems.
Follow the same rules as NC CC and you ?should? be okay

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
GA allows OC, but we also have a law that prohibits scaring the public. So if anyone around you feels threatened by your OC, then you have to go or remove it.

While I am a big advocate of carrying a firearm, I disapprove OC except for LEO, and the like. I feel there is two types of people that carry firearms, the first group is most of us (hopefully all of us), that carry for personal protection, and the protection of others. The second group is the "I'm a badass with a gun" group. There is times when open carry is acceptable to me, and that's when your tromping through the woods, at a firing range, or other place where your may encounter a hostile animal (camping, etc.). But to OC at the mall or a restaurant? no.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Arizona has been an open carry state since 14 FEB 1912!!!
I used to open carry, but my wife pointed out that gang bangers might follow me home with the idea of finding out where I lived with an eye to breaking in later!!
I carry concealed 100% of the time now. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Both OC and concealed are fine in AK where I grew up. OC is almost expected if you're outdoors; I once had a married couple ask me where my gun was the last time I hiked on a local trail near my hometown. (I planned on donning my gun as soon as I was out of sight of the road.) A CC permit isn't requried either, but they do offer one for the option of using it in those states that have reciprocal laws.

WA here is another story... technically, I ~think~ OC with a longarm is fine when in the woods, but cellphone carrying Seattlites will probably call the rangers on you, and you'll get a severe talking-to for scaring the liberals. You need a CCW if you want to carry a handgun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can OC in PA, but I personally do not.

I'd rather keep it concealed and not have everyone know that I am carrying and what I am carrying.

·
Super Moderator
16,265 Posts
In theory (by state law) you can OC in Ohio (Saw a older gentleman do it just the other day in a Taco Bell with a big old 1911 and two additional magazines on his belt ... he got some very interesting looks from the other patrons). However you best check with the local PD in the area where you plan to do it, as many of the cities, suburbs & small towns take a very dim view if they get a call and have to send out an LEO to take a peek at your intentions. I personnaly don't do it as I would prefer not to have the potential hassel!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts