Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a "stupid" question, but do our neighbors to the north have the same issues? I'm guessing that politics are quite different there, and they may be insulated to a degree. Anyone ship over the border?

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Well Australia certainly doesn't.

·
Commies Piss me Off
445 Posts
I can't say what Canada's ammo situation is but considering they have confiscated weapons, I wouldn't be surprised if it was as bad if not worse.

·
Registered
525 Posts
We got lots of ammo up here. There's no big shortage of .223, 45ACP, 9mm, .40SW, .22LR etc. Lots of Chinese Norinco surplus .223 but also a fair bit of AE, WOLF and S&B as well. We still can get Russian surplus 7.62x39.

Getting the guns is hit and miss, no pun intended, so we're used to waiting a month or 4 for something in particular to arrive and the retailers charge a premium too! If it wasn't for ITAR, I think all the Canadians would be ordering their parts and accessories from Brownells etc than from the LGS.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So will stores ship ammo to the US then? Wonder if pricing would be cheaper than the gougers.

·
Banned
411 Posts
LOL!

Of course Canada has ammo.

They don't have any RED states.

Thus they have no tinfoil hat panic.

:D

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
If you go to Hornady's website, and to their FAQ, there's lots of info on the whole ammo shortage and what they have to say about it. Needless to say, the ammo shortage is here to stay for a long time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Supposedly a number of Canadian online retailers are constantly getting calls from folks in the US for ammo and AR15s. A couple stores sold some to the US but I think the buyers were ready to pay the extra for paperwork etc. The other retailers won't bother to ship to the US because of all the paperwork involved. Not to mention, we can't ship the Chinese surplus ammo to the US. I think the US has a ban on Chinese guns & ammo ie Norinco.

When the hoarding of ammo and guns started after Sandy Hook, it got a bit crazy up here as well but it's calmed down a bit but just like your US stores trying to capitalize on the shortages, a number of (if not all) Canadian retailers are doing likewise ie PMAGS, when they trickle in, are $50! Pre-Sandy Hook price was $19. Today I saw a new Beretta 92 10rnd mag listed at $74! Glock mags are anywhere from $40 to $50 and that's regular price!

·
Commies Piss me Off
445 Posts
LOL!

Of course Canada has ammo.

They don't have any RED states.

Thus they have no tinfoil hat panic.

:D
They don't have Obama either.

Thus they don't have a Communist in charge.

·
Banned
411 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
They don't have Obama either.

Thus they don't have a Communist in charge.
LOL, that's true BUT there's no shortage of them waiting to get in the door on election day 2015. We got the son of the late Pierre Trudeau looking to pick up where his dad farked us over back in the day with his f'ed up, asinine gun control laws, when Canadians were too much of a pacifist to challenge them and just bent over and take it. That man was one dirty commie bastard of a PM and good friend of Fidel Castro. I hope a dog is pissing on his grave tonight. He'd make good bed fellows with Obama... lol

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
LOL, that's true BUT there's no shortage of them waiting to get in the door on election day 2015. We got the son of the late Pierre Trudeau looking to pick up where his dad farked us over back in the day with his f'ed up, asinine gun control laws, when Canadians were too much of a pacifist to challenge them and just bent over and take it. That man was one dirty commie bastard of a PM and good friend of Fidel Castro. I hope a dog is pissing on his grave tonight. He'd make good bed fellows with Obama... lol
Maybe they'll meet in Hell.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Their ammo will only dry up if the bottomless pit that is U.S. gunowners keep buying all the ammo. Then they'll have a shortage on their hands.....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Virtually all the Canadian sites with ammo state that they cannot ship to USA, that's what I found too.

Bet the Canadian outlets are upset about that too since there's a massive amount of money they could make if they could ship across the border.

·
Commies Piss me Off
445 Posts
Virtually all the Canadian sites with ammo state that they cannot ship to USA, that's what I found too.

Bet the Canadian outlets are upset about that too since there's a massive amount of money they could make if they could ship across the border.
Yep. If ammo could be shipped across the border that would render much of the hard work of the anti-gun bastards useless. They want guns, ammo and anything else related to it to be hard or impossible to acquire. It makes them tinkle with joy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yep. If ammo could be shipped across the border that would render much of the hard work of the anti-gun bastards useless. They want guns, ammo and anything else related to it to be hard or impossible to acquire. It makes them tinkle with joy.
Totally agree, and with a blind passion that makes them oblivious to the actual facts. I don't see anyone relaxing the import rules to ease the shortage.

I would never advocate or condone smuggling especially with the federal charges you would face if apprehended but I imagine that some ammo is making it's way across the border by nefarious means, perhaps showing up on the online auction sites.

The question really is, what kind of paperwork, regulations and fees are required to move ammo across the border?

·
Registered
851 Posts
All y'all realize that there isn't actually any "shortage" right? People are not shooting more, and ammo companies are making as much as they possibly can. If anything, they are overproducing common calibers like .380 ACP, 9mm, .40 S&W and 45 ACP, and consequently under producing other less popular calibers.

It's just that a large number of morons out there keep buying up everything they can get there hands on based on an unfounded fear that ammo will stop being available - which is of course supported in their tiny minds by the absence of ammo on the shelves.

If all y'all stop buying it at obscenely inflated prices, it will be on sale by the end of month when retailers realize they have a 3 year supply on order with none of the stuff current sitting on their shelves actually selling.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
All y'all realize that there isn't actually any "shortage" right? People are not shooting more, and ammo companies are making as much as they possibly can. If anything, they are overproducing common calibers like .380 ACP, 9mm, .40 S&W and 45 ACP, and consequently under producing other less popular calibers.

It's just that a large number of morons out there keep buying up everything they can get there hands on based on an unfounded fear that ammo will stop being available - which is of course supported in their tiny minds by the absence of ammo on the shelves.

If all y'all stop buying it at obscenely inflated prices, it will be on sale by the end of month when retailers realize they have a 3 year supply on order with none of the stuff current sitting on their shelves actually selling.
That's the definition of a shortage. Demand exceeds supply.

·
Commies Piss me Off
445 Posts

Unfounded fear huh? They may not outright ban ammo but they want to make it a pain in the ass if not impossible to get.

Anger management class in order to buy ammo - Florida
Florida bill would require anger management courses for bullet buyers | Fox News

Tax ammo up to 50% - Maryland
Lawmakers eye new taxes on guns, ammo in latest wave of legislation | Fox News

ID record keeping of ammo purchases - California
California Gun Law ~ Fingerprints Required To Buy Ammo

Gov Coumo even wanted serial #'s stamped on casings.

Yeah, it's just all in out tiny minds.

You can ignore it if you want but there is a REAL threat to our 2A rights.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts