Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking out a SP-101 .357Mag snubbie at a LGS and had asked if it had an internal lock in the handle like my LCR. Of course, the guys behind the counter didn't know, so I'm asking any of you fine people here if they do.

Also, why doesn't the cylinder spin on the ejector rod? Is this unique to the SP-101, or does the GP-100 do the same thing?

·
Registered
824 Posts
No internal lock, and there was a news posted here earlier this year that Ruger is discontinueing the internal lock on the single actions that have had them.

The ejector on both the SP101 and teh GP100 does nothing but eject. It is not part of the cylinder mount nor part of the lock up (which also means it cannot unscrew and bind up).

·
Registered
350 Posts
The lack of an internal locking mechanism is one of several things which -- to me, at least -- make the SP101 & GP100 more desirable than other similar firearms. In my view the only "updated" safety feature in revolvers worth a damn is the transfer bar. I love being able to carry a full cylinder safely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.