Ruger Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
Ruger: Model 19122 pc 9
4,694 Posts
My wife read me the riot act over this this morning. I had to explain my serpa holster with the dogs, and transport procedures AGAIN. Which is fine, it serves a good reminder to all! Action open, verify clear, mags/ammo seperated from weapon. The safety rules apply anywhere a functional firearm is. From the backseat, to the movie set Jury be damned, it is of LIFE AND DEATH importance. Usually your own, or your loved ones life.
Imo

· Registered
136 Posts
Yeah, my F-150 4 door doesn't have enough room in the cab to place a rifle on the seat pointed forwards. I know trucks are getting bigger all the time but unless it's a SBR I'm doubting that part of the story.

I keep my firearms unloaded and away from my dogs because when punishing them I've seen a look in their eyes like "if I knew how to get more dog food on my own, you'd be dead old man". I don't want one thinking that's tomorrow dogs problem.

· Registered
2,138 Posts
I am smiling…

There are a bunch of posters here who would never have a loaded gun and a dog together, in a vehicle, where they could interact.
View attachment 186822
Are boats vehicles? Are Labrador retrievers dogs?
Loaded firearms and dogs can be fine. I just never left a loaded firearm where a dog could walk on it, it was bad enough that they opened the electric windows while I was driving. Even in winter it is never too cold for a sled dog to want the window open!

Bruce

· Registered
1,182 Posts
I am sorry to say I know and have met many people who poach from their vehicles. They would have their rifles or shotguns loaded and cruise the roads for game. Sometimes, when using a pick-up truck, the shooter stands braced in the bed looking over the cab.

Sometimes really good soldiers are not the most law-abiding people in the world. One of the things they are good at is not getting caught.

· Registered
2,144 Posts
Hunters who break the rules give law abiding hunters a bad name. I my neck, I see them in or at parked vehicles on the sides of the road, guns loaded, likely waiting for their hounds to run something their way. Not hunting in my book, I don't get it, whatever, but shooting from a vehicle and hunting within 50' of a public road is illegal here and likely most places. I don't mean to sound insensitive but they make rules for a reason. Loaded guns in the back seat with deer hounds on board is poaching in my book. Roll your own dice!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts