Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,627 Posts
You wonder just what goes on in a dogs head sometimes. Would be interesting to see how that journey was made in a couple of days! Cleo had to cross at least x1 river and journey 50 plus miles! That is amazing. Love dogs and it is good to read something positive these days! Had large hunting dogs as a kid and the past x3 decades we have had Dachshunds with a few mixed breads. Loved them all and more than most humans.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My world is all about dogs. We currently have 5, all rescues including a pair of Border Collies. The male Border loves to swim. Here he is in his element launching into a nearby creek. We walk about 5 miles a day, every day, twice a day rain or shine, all cross country out in the rural high desert where we live.

·
Exchequer
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rubone & BigG: those are some good lookin' pups. 🐶

·
Pony Soldier
8,489 Posts
Here is a pic of my Wife's best friend!
Otis is a Mini-Schnauzer about 6 Mo. old in this pic. He has had a haircut since.
We also call him Sheriff because he is always on patrol and on alert.

Greg

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
It must be doggie day..........

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,169 Posts
Here's Murphy Brown. She is 1/2 Australian Shepard and 1/2 full sized Poodle .... AKA "Ausiepoo". Got her for Christmas as a 3 month old pup. Very smart, pretty worthless for hunting or for guard duty. She loves people and goes nuts whenever someone comes for a visit. She's my buddy and loves to play and keep me company.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Good story. I have an older Boxer who has been a great friend and a superb Great Pyrenees. The Great Pyrenees goes to work at sunset guarding my goat herd.

The Great Pyrenees is easy going, loving, and friendly but when he senses a threat to the goat herd he changes into a serious beast who won’t tolerate any threat at all. Coyotes geneally stay away.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
IMG_1130.JPG

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
This is Lilli, our miniature Schnoodle (Schnauzer/Poodle). Got her at 2 as a rescue that had been adopted and turned in. She hates trash cans, bikes, skateboards, other dogs, most people (including my son), thunder and fireworks. She loves walks, especially hiking in the state and local parks, chasing anything that will run my wife and myself. She is a nut, but she makes our lives better. She is 80% legs, 20% ears and 10% everything else.

Attachments

·
Exchequer
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, as long as we're showing our pups, please say hello to Max. He's a 16 lb rescue mutt, terrier mix with a heart of gold and breath that could peel paint. (The breath thing only started showing up in the last year after he developed Cushing's Disease.) The photo here is a couple of years old when he was 15 and used to come to work with me at the store every day. He's hanging in there and will be 17 in September. Sadly, the Cushing's has thinned out his coat and he's slowed down an awful lot. Still, he loves to eat and his tail still wags. He's the favorite member of the family.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,764 Posts
Dogs are awesome, love my 2 labs, they are my shop partners.

My neighborhood is full of dog people, never see cats, or very few.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts