Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I shop occasionally at dollar stores for minor things, and wondered if you guys do too?

Do you think the monies from some dollar stores are sent over seas to fund terrorism? I thought I had read this once, but hope its not true.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I doubt any terror links. Most of the ones around here are franchise, but run by Indians. I know they are good for cheap toothbrushes and rags for my gun cleaning.......:D

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Great places for certain items--greeting cards, pet toys, and pickled mushrooms

·
Registered
118 Posts
The only thing wrong with Dollar Stores is their name . . . they should be called TWENTY Dollar stores because that is what I normally spend there!!!

We have a Family Dollar store here in the Detroit are where I live and they have real good deals on soap there. 'All' brand detergent for washing clothes is $5, you'd easily spend $8-$12 at a supermarket and big box stores. Other stuff too, you just gotta know your prices . . .

Pipe Cleaners for gun cleaning, Small plastic baggies for parts, canned cat food (for the stray, outdoor cats).35c each . . .

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
I've noticed that Dollar General and Family Dollar's prices are usually higher than Wal-Mart. That's why they build them miles away from Wally.

·
Registered
567 Posts
We have a Dollar Tree right next to a Wal-Mart here (less than 200 feet). Have used to it find some stuff and the Lay's chips in a can are cheaper there than at the Wall-Mart (and no they are not past the freshness date).

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I worked part time at the local Family Dollar near where I live,when I was between "real jobs" and there are some good deals there. They are designed as places to get you to stop in for "basics" and then spend $30 on crap you don't need:) They treat employees like crap, at least at the one I was at.........$7.50 an hour and they wanted me to be "on call" when they needed me to come in, break my back unloading trucks...........what was supposed to be a stress free, low pay part time gig was more of a PITA than it was worth, so I left.

People come in for a gallon of milk and leave with the milk, and also a bunch of $2 toys, cleaning products and snacks.:p That's where dollar stores thrive.

They also try to build them away from grocery stores, right in the middle of towns to get the "milk eggs and bread" people who stop in for a few things to get by, in between grocery trips.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hint: Walk into a Dollar Tree with $10 and a couple grandkids 6-12 yrs. old and let 'em go a little crazy... (That's 5 items each).

Have fun. Leave happy.

Works EVERY time.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Over here they are full of "made in china" stuff.
So I guess that's where the money goes.
I shop in these stores rarely.
The last thing I bought was a heap of packets of cheap toothbrushes for gun cleaning, won't run out in a while..... :D

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Sure, they're full of Chinese-made crap, but what store isn't these days? We buy a lot of our cleaning and toiletry supplies from the Dollar General here. They're much cheaper than the alternatives around here.

Also, they make a great place to find targets. Cheap toys, sodas, canned goods, etc. make for great fun at the farm or outdoor range. :)

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
I know one thing, they are popping up all over the place around here. Sign of the Obama times.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Dollar stores were popping up everywhere long before Obama thought about running for president. I get a lot of my pet supplies at family dollar.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Dollar stores were popping up everywhere long before Obama thought about running for president. I get a lot of my pet supplies at family dollar.
Yeah... Not sure what dollar stores and Obama have in common... Would be interested in finding out.

Never thought about pet stuff. My dog loves a certain food. I'll have to check to see if they have it there. Might be cheaper (he's a pug so it doesn't cost a fortune to feed him anyway, but every bit counts).

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Yeah... Not sure what dollar stores and Obama have in common... Would be interested in finding out.
Never thought about pet stuff. My dog loves a certain food. I'll have to check to see if they have it there. Might be cheaper (he's a pug so it doesn't cost a fortune to feed him anyway, but every bit counts).
They both say its only gonna cost you one dollar. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Considering most everything at the dollar store is made in China,funding Communism more than terrorism!
You list a Makarov as one of your firearms. Where is it made?
Bulgaria. My SKS was made in Yugoslavia. My Mosin Nagant M38 was made in Russia.My Tokarev was made in Romania. My CZ-82 was made in Czechoslovakia.(So were my grandparents!)
I REALLY have got to learn to always put smilies with my posts!;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts