Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever see that one on cops, a button buck and 2 police officers and 1 animal control officer. I was betting on the buck lol.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree sheepdog, the thing that gets me peole get the idea that the police and the SO can do anything. They are not trained to handle wild animal's and not trained to deal with live stock. Most of the time animal control are there for the house hold pets. Heck hqave seen trhe so called domestic cat whipp several animal control officers. They were wearing protective legins but that cat just ran up their legs and up the back around the neck and off to the next officer. Once it was all over cat 3 officers none the dang thing ran off. On the side lines yep was funny in the heat of battle wasn't funny at all.
Bring that crazed lady in at least there I got a chance.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I agree it is funny to sometimes sit back and take it all in. Sometimes one just has to accept the absurd. Just half to laugh and roll with it.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The sad thing is most jurisdictions don't even have a animal control dept. This puts a very
dangerous duty responsibility on regular officers that just are not prepared to take care of it.
The animal or animals usually get the last laugh.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is and the officer's have no training in that area, really to tell you the truth how could anyone be trained to deal with a wild animal in a house? And if there is a book writtin on it I want to see the one that wrote the book do it first.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
One of the boys got a prowler call one night in Feb....the lady was sure someone was in her garage...she'd heard lots of rustling around...the officer went a-hunting with his light and his .357...and had gotten deep into the garage when something large and dark lunged at him....it took hours for that lady to clean up the garage---she was just glad it was only an alley-cat....we laughed at him for quite a few weeks about that....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sheepdog,
that poor kid was expecting the worse thing in his life and felt his life was in danger. The poor kid, I am sure glad it wasn't me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
In our little town, we've had a deer go thru a plate glass window into a bank and was so terrified he couldn't get out; a lion decided to take a nap under a camper in a residential area just a block from a school; and a possum was in our garage behind the firewood pile and wouldn't come out.

I phoned the police, as I could not discharge a firearm inside the city limits. They came over, asked for a .22 and bounced a couple of .22s off of the possum's nose. They finally took him away.

When someone calls animal control for a stray dog or cat, no one seems to be available. I had one animal control gal tell me to try to get a stray german shepherd that was on the street terrifying little kids INSIDE my four car garage so that SHE can come over and "capture" the shepherd. I told her I had two Vettes and two Miatas in the garage and didn't exactly want an angry shepherd trapped in there. I couldn't believe it. She came by half an hour later after the shepherd had already decided to go elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts