Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucked up on a Don Hume holster for a P90 that was used by a security guard and purchased about 10 years ago. Said he worked two days a week but I don't know how long he carried this holster. For just $15.00 and some black shoe polish it looks almost new. I really do love leather. A new more modified one is currently $90.00.

My question for you guys that might have been in LE or security, it has two holes that I am not sure what they are used for. Don Hume still makes one like this but they have a few more bells on them. # H738 SH No. 37M is mine. Has a thumb break and listed as level one security now. There is a hole about one inch from the end of the open ended holster. Has marks of a screw but gone now. Possible screw tension to hold the muzzle of the gun with a thumb break at the other end?? Doesn't need it to me. Then there is another hole on the inside of the belt loop (where your pants would touch) that is leather covered on the inside toward the gun. This hole has threads inside for something to screw into and a deep recession in the leather so it is counter sunk. Was this hole to tighten the belt loop up on the belt? Naturally this is pretty stiff leather and not much flexing without the screw.

Any ideas? I'm very curious. Thanks

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
sounds like you pegged it right--tension screw for gun and a tension screw so to speak for the belt/holster to keep the holster from sliding around on the belt.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks deputy125. Just my guesses since I have never had a duty holster. I guess the last guy decided he didn't want the extra metal to weigh him down! Too bad I can't wear it around in public because it is a nice holster. Range use only I guess. Appreciate your reply. **********

1 - 3 of 3 Posts