Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I've been a Ruger enthusiast for as long as I can remember. I have a few Rugers in my collection, along with the likes of Remington, Browning, Sako, Winchester, CZ, and others. As such, I have no strong loyalties to any one manufacturer, as I see both pro's and con's to most production rifles, depending on the intended use. I'm pretty much the same way with my scope choices as well. However, I tend to lean towards Leupold and Burris more often for my own needs.

My primary firearms interest lies with rifles for hunting use. I love my model 77's, and just a few weeks ago, I harvested a nice Maine black bear with my M77 Compact Mag chambered in .338RCM.

I've been hunting and shooting for most of my life, and enjoy pursuing all types of game across the US.

In the recent past, I've taken up reloading. However, work, family & and other things, haven't allowed me lots of time at the reloading bench. As such, I still consider myself a newbie on that front. While I do enjoy reloading, given the choice, I'd rather be out hunting, scouting, or planning for an upcoming hunt. Perhaps that's why I'm so slow with making progress on this end of things. lol

I'm always on the lookout for rifles and scopes to add to my small collection. Among the rifles I'm currently interested in, I hope to find an excellent condition old M77 with tang safety, chambered in .35 Whelen.

I hope to contribute here and there on this forum, while picking up a thing or two along the way. Of particular interest to me is finding production information regarding older M77's... i.e open sights vs none, actual production numbers by year, etc, etc.

Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome from "The Mountain State" of West Virginia

I am sure you will find lots of information here on the forum.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Don ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Don in WI,
I know You!!!!!!!!
Welcome to a great sight where there are always things to learn about, and some very nice Guys willing to help......
Ray

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome from Atlanta.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Phoenix!

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you do with a bear once you shoot it? My FIL used to be a taxidermist and would often get meat from customers. We were given a bear shoulder once. My wife cooked in the crockpot for a couple of days with onions and garlic, etc. YUCK!!! Fortunately, my german shepard liked it! :D

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum Don

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
The Original Magic Man
744 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Stone Mountain Georgia