Ruger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No I'm not asking for someone to donate a rifle but rather a rifle I could buy and make into a Mare's Leg. I'm thinking it should be a bolt action in 223. I know it will be a hassle with doing the paperwork for the feds of making rifle into a pistol but its something I've wanted to do. My biggest decision is to make it from a left-handed rifle just for me or make it from a right-handed rifle. I want it to be no longer than 24 inches and be able to accept a scope.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
719 Posts
KELTEC=SU-16D .223 caliber:
19.9" closed
29.9" open
can be fired as a PDW (personal defence weapon)/Pistol closed or open as subcompact carbine
weight loaded with an AR15/M16 30round mag= 4.7 lbs
factory top Picitanny rail for easy scope mount...

SEE THIS LINK BELOW:
Kel Tec CNC

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KELTEC=SU-16D .223 caliber:
19.9" closed
29.9" open
can be fired as a PDW (personal defence weapon)/Pistol closed or open as subcompact carbine
weight loaded with an AR15/M16 30round mag= 4.7 lbs
factory top Picitanny rail for easy scope mount...

SEE THIS LINK BELOW:
Kel Tec CNC
That isn't a bolt action. If I wanted something like that I would simply buy an AR15 pistol. Thanks for the reply though. Even though it wasn't what I'm looking for I enjoyed reading about it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That isn't a bolt action. If I wanted something like that I would simply buy an AR15 pistol. Thanks for the reply though. Even though it wasn't what I'm looking for I enjoyed reading about it.
Yeah thought you would have fun looking at that...

How about a shortened M77 ? ? ?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Have a brother inlaw that has one....

He LOVES it...

·
Registered
719 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
If one of the specialty pistols is able to be had, there's plenty of manufacturers that offer unbarreled receivers, savage is one of them. Go that route and simply paper them as a handgun. None of the NFA paperwork to deal with then.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You would be miles ahead to just find a nice used Remington XP or Witchita bolt action pistol....or go with a Thompson Center Contender. Magnum Research also made a single shot hunting pistol. HS Prescision also makes one. As far as I know we can't legally cut down rifles into a handgun in WA which would make it a SBR. Mare's Legs are legal as they start out as a handgun. AOW's in WA are allowed but cutting a rifle down to a handgun is not the definition of an AOW in WA. To be a AOW the gun must NEVER have had a stock attached to it.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.