Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies and Gents,
In the sad reality of our world today there is bound to be someone that is soft in the britches (and softer in the noggin) that might take offense to my forum name thinking I was speaking of my private parts.

Truth be told, I grew up in a neighborhood with three guys that were named Chris. The oldest (by a month or two) was Chris, leaving the others to go by their last names. People seamed to remember the other guy because he was bigger than me but I was the one that was always doing something off the wall and "Oh, he's nuts" seamed to follow me from a young age.

I have a habit of putting big engines into little cars. If you are familiar with the Mazda Miata community then chances are you have run across me. I put a 1999 Corvette LS-1 into a 90 Miata and then proceeded to take the car from Ohio to Maine as part of the Fireballrun Adventurally in 2012. FBR is a group of 40 teams that hits the road each year driving approximately 2500 miles in 8 days handing out flyers of missing kids right here in the USA. In the 9 years they have been doing it they have helped recover 44 missing kids! That car "Nadine" has been sold an I am now building another Miata based vehicle that will be lighter, tighter, and have a bigger engine....yup, Meierznutz!

As for shooting sports: I have been handling firearms since I was a preteen. I learned to handle both pistols and riffles from my Dad and older brother when we were involved in Boy Scouts. My oldest son as always had a interest and worked his way into the Shooting Sports Range at the local Scout Camp as a CIT at age 14. Now nearly 17 he has a love of the sport and together we have grown our collection to his hand me down (from his Eagle Scout Uncle) Marlin 60, a Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22, and I just last week acquired a RPR in .308 with a Vortex Viper PST scope.

I don't claim to know a lot about long range shooting, in fact I will tell you right now that I am a complete newb to all this. But with my son by my side, I think I am going to have a whole lot of fun learning!

·
Registered
17,276 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hello there meierznutz . I feel kind of ridiculous saying , " welcome to the forum ", since I too am a new member , ( going on 3 days I think ) , but I shouldn't feel that way , and neither should you , ( imho ) , about your choice of a name . There will always be those who take offense or judge too easily , but there is a lot who don't as well . My guess would be on this forum there is more of the latter , hope so anyway .
As far as I'm concerned if you want to put big engines in small cars then go for it ! Besides your group helping to find those missing kids , well that's awesome ! My son who will be 15 next month is very close to becoming an Eagle scout and is just starting to appreciate firearms . He has taken 2 bucks and a cow elk the last 3 years and we are lucky to live where we do , where we can go shooting anytime . You're right , you will have a lot of fun with your son , learning /teaching about guns . I can attest got that.
Rugers are great . Bought my first one , a single six in 32 h&r magnum , in 1990 when I was in my 20s and never have regretted it. Still shoot it .
Guess I'm long winded today. Have fun. Oh and , welcome to the forum .

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
9,924 Posts
welcome ... from the southern shore of Lake Erie ...

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome!
I don't have engine swap skills so I just buy cars that already have a big engine lol. 6.4L Hemi to be exact.
The miata sounds sweet love those cars. Great thing you guys do, too

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Welcome from Brooklyn, NY.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Welcome from NW Georgia. Corvette engine in a Miata? That's a good kind of nutz in my book!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.