Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Drone Munition: New line at ammo company meant to ‘protect privacy’ – and down drones

Advertising outreach warns of a “Drone Apocalypse’

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times - Updated: 3:22 p.m. on Monday, August 24, 2015

Now ready for citizens concerned their privacy is at stake in an increasing drone-friendly culture: Snake River Shooting Products has just introduced Drone Munition shot shell based defense rounds. “Prepare for the Drone Apocalypse,” the Idaho-based company warns in its first advertising outreach for the new line, which they describe as a “12 gauge 3-inch shot shell solution aimed at defending against drone-based privacy concerns and terror.”

'Prepare for Drone Apocalypse': New ammo meant to protect privacy and down drones - Washington Times

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Well, at least it's not as lame of a marketing gimmick as the whole "zombie apocalypse" ammo was.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,551 Posts
Why not? :D

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Until drones attain AI status it's just shooting a hunk of plastic. In 10 years when they are AI's and can think for themselves and have feelings, will they, do they, should they have rights. Would it be murder to shoot an AI drone?

These and other issues will be solved by kindergartens this year who Will be high court justices in 40 years.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Airsoft pellets in a shotgun shell ought to work fine and not cause collateral damage.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I used a garden hose with a high-powered nozzle to drive one off. It turns out the drone was being operated by a realtor taking pictures of MY fence line for practice!

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I didn't take the bait but it has to be shotgun ammo.
Everything else is selling so fast yet that there is no need to advertise to enhance sales.
They can't keep it on the shelf as it is.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
How about blinding it with paintballs. Or one of those potent lasers people keep shining at airplanes.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
As a dad with a daughter I welcome the additional option to provide protections from peeping toms.

While I applaud their 'creativity' (using technology someone else designed and developed) I want to thank them for providing additional practice with skeet shooting!

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking.
It's not what's in the shell but firing the gun is where folks are getting in trouble, discharging a firearm in restricted areas.

Bottle rockets should be effective ammo, place inside a 1/2' X 3' long tube and they will go just about where you want them if the stick is straight on the rocket. Also the larger rockets will work well to. And if you hit it as it explodes it should make a pretty sight in the sky. Either way the drone will skedaddle from your airspace. And no firearm was used so if there is trouble with the law it will be minor.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
The word out in West Virginia is that drones taste like chicken.. They do not stand a chance here..:D

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
How about one of those potato guns? Runs on compressed air, shoots a
gob of vegetable matter, makes little noise, and hit a drone with four or
five ounce chunk of spud, I doubt the drone would remain "air worthy". ;)

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Best off getting a drone to ram any drone you dont like, why waste ammo?
Amazon has drones for as little as $30. Drone for Drone, that's hard to beat.:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts