Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
It is cool, don't think it would add value like it would a coin but it will start a conversion.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is cool, don't think it would add value like it would a coin but it will start a conversion.
Bet it does

Doesn't look like "Ruger" was stamped twice....can't make out what's underneath with my beer goggles on. Very cool

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
All I know about a double stamp, is that you can't triple stamp it:p

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
It makes your revolver interesting. I have a GP100 5 inch bbl revolver that the serial number runs uphill. Funny thing is that I examined it fairly closely before buying it and had two to choose from but didn't notice this until I got it home. Otherwise, it has the best action of any GP100 that I've ever owned and is fitted perfectly, so I just take it as "something special".:)

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,038 Posts
Coins and stamps tend to get very collectible when they are double struck. With guns, it's mostly viewed as a defect. Of course if you can talk a good line of BS, you may convince someone the "double struck" gun has more value.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Coins and stamps tend to get very collectible when they are double struck. With guns, it's mostly viewed as a defect. Of course if you can talk a good line of BS, you may convince someone the "double struck" gun has more value.
It's my New Model Buger Blackhawk...very rare!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Looks like an R to me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got one too!

Sorry couldn't resist, but It's the same font Ruger has used on all my New Models, however my Vaqueros have the same font but are missing the trade mark.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts