Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I had our long anticipated dove hunt yesterday in what would likely have been a pretty nice dove field in Arcadia, FL. Unfortunately the passing of Hurricane Sandy left us with winds blowing 25mph+ and what few doves ventured out went screaming by like a formation of F-14s. Low and fast and too much for our limited abilities. Sigh.

We tried to bring a down a few and we both went through a half box of dove loads in the effort but there was no way we could get the lead on these birds. I can still hear them - I didn't know doves could laugh like that....

Still, it was a nice day despite the wind and if you're going sit on a bucket in an old orange grove in Florida for six hours at least it wasn't hot, muggy and buggy. We had a good time, some good conversation and got to greak out the Red Labels in the field. Wish I had photos to brag about all the birds we shot but not this time.

Still beats a day spent doing just about anything else!

Wave

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Cold up here, today. High in the mid 30s. Any doves we had probably headed down your way a long time, ago.

Any day out in the field is a good day and all the better for having spent it with your son. Good for you. You'll get some doves next time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts